Naim and Rega CD players

Silver Member
Username: Markusp

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 154
Hey folks. For a number of reasons which I won't bore you with, I find myself in need of downgrading / downsizing my system.

To make a long story short, I will now be running a Naim Nait 5i along with Naim Arriva speakers and need an idea of what CD player to stick with.

I currently own a Naim CD5x and have owned a Naim CD5i. While I like my CD5x, I am not enamored with it like I was with my old CD5i. Sure, the CD5x offers up a wider soundstage and offers up much more detail than the CD5i, but I also find that this is the CD5x's weakness. Too much detail. While the CD5i offered up less detail, it had more bass (even if it was less defined) and was, to my memory, a more engaging player all around.

Now, as I say, my memory may be playing tricks on me and since I probably need to replace my CD5x anyway, what do you folks feel is the better player - the Naim CD5i or the Rega Apollo?

I am looking for an engaging player that has nice bass (not one note or wolly bass), offers a wide presentation / soundstage, and offers up plenty of detail without sounding edgy or bright. Its the brightness or too much detail of the CD5x partnered by its general lack of bass that I want to get away from.

All opinions appreciated. I DO subscribe to the source first philosophy BUT I always regretted my upgrade from the CD5i to the CD5x as I fealt I lost more than I ultimately gained, but then again, maybe this is just my memory playing tricks on me and if I were to stick a CD5i back into my system, I quite possibly may feel quite differently. I just know that as of right now, the CD5x just isn't my cup of tea.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1538
I have an Apollo and have only briefly heard a CD5i so I am not qualified to assist you. If you're patient, I'm sure Frank Abela will be along sometime and provide some valuable input for you - he's had a deal of experience with both brands.

Username: Kiwi_jonno

Post Number: 1
Iv heard the CD5x and it was very good. Any lack of bass can be hugely improved over just about every competition by the Flat Cap power supply... but if your downgrading I spose you dont want to go that way. Cyrus CD8 or CD6 are good value

Username: Kiwi_jonno

Post Number: 2
Have you tried the Naim CD5x with the power supply? The Naims bass is OK to start with I think, but hugely improved with the Flatcap power supply. It blows away most competetion all around and bass with this. If your downgrading though I spose you dont want to go this way... Cyrus CD6 and CD8 are good value though also.

Silver Member

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 155
No - I haven't tried a power supply with my CD5x. Never had the opportunity and now that I have to downgrade my system, I don't even want to go there as I don't want to regret not having the best sound possible. Hence, it now comes down to either the Naim CD5i or the Rega Apollo.

Some more advice would be most appreciated. I want to settle this by the end of the weekend.

Bronze Member
Username: Josh784

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 87
I found the CD5i to be more engaging than the Apollo, while the Apollo was more airy. If I'd had the extra coin, I would have gone the Naim route as I listen to rock music. I listened to a Radiohead recording and some Coldplay stuff, and on the more subdued songs I preferred the Apollo. They're both great players and I was perfectly happy to walk away with the Apollo. One thing I found with the Apollo when I brought it home was that it was a tad more engaging in my smaller room than it had been in the larger showroom. Fiberglass room treatments also helped immensely.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2338
Markus,

In your system I would take the Naim CD5i over the Apollo, most days of the week. It has a more fluid swinging presentation than the Apollo. That said, the Apollo is a fine machine which hits all the right buttons for a lot less cash on your side of the pond and I wonder if the CD5i is better value for money. Of course you need to cable up as well. The freebie that comes with the Apollo is awful. I believe Naim Audio North America only offer the Chord Cobra in 2RCA-DIN guise. It's a good cable which works well. A cheaper alternative recently introduced by chord is Crimson and that works well too. Chrysalis has been discontinued.

I am surprised by your results with the CD5x. I have always preferred it for its bigger presentation and better bass resolution, though I accept the CD5i has a bouncier, possibly more lively presentation. (Some would call it an unruly bass presentation. :-) )

Just one last bit of advice - the Arivas are relatively typical Naim designs and have been designed to work best set wide apart, not toed in at all, and close to a solid rear wall. In this configuration they usually have a pretty solid and rather big bass, so I am doubly surprised at your results. Have you got them far away from the rear wall? They should really be just 3 inches or so from it.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 156
Thanks for your thoughts Frank.

Yes, I have my Arriva's placed just a couple of inches from my solid back wall and have them widely spaced apart with no toe in. I enjoy these speakers quite a bit and love how they anchor everything in between them.

As for the lack of bass with the CD5x... well, you have me there. I have no idea why this is the case. If I use a PS3 hooked up to an HK receiver via HDMI and pass this along to the AV input of my Nait 5i, I get tons of bass and the soundstage is still quite impressive, I just lose all that added detail that the CD5x brings out as well as some of the PRat the Naim is famous for.

Right now, I am using my PS3 for music more than my CD5x which is just plain wrong, but I think it comes down to a preference for smoothness and bass response (and I am not a bass hound - my music preferences include everything but dance and rap) over detail and extended upper frequencies of the CD5x. Because of this, I am now seriously considering the Apollo over the CD5i since everything I have read seems to suggest it is the more analog sounding player of the two, but still has a good sense of PraT.

While I did love my CD5i, I found it did suffer from some excitable treble at times and did not offer up a very big presentation as you pointed out. It was the swinging presentation of the player that drew me in in the first place so it still may be the way to go.

In your opinion, which of the two players is smoother and more analog like?

Thanks,
Markus

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5314
If you do choose the Apollo do give it time to burn in.

If you wind up preferring the Apollo you won't be the first, believe me. I personally love the Naim gear but am very happy with my Apollo for the reasons you mention which is the more Analog sound. Sounds like you need to take one home a give it a try.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2344
Markus,

Difficult choice quite honestly. Sometimes, I prefer the Apollo, sometimes the CD5i! I guess if I was put in a corner, I'd choose the CD5i, but only if I was really pushed.

I'm not sure if this is possible but I wonder whether you should have the CD5x looked at by NANA? They might spot something wrong with the player. I agree completely that listening to a games console is plain wrong (I'd use far stronger wording than that). Of course, if NANA come back saying there's nothing wrong with the CD5x, then I suggest you sell it and just use the PS3!

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 157
Thanks Frank. Visited my dealer yesterday to listen to the difference between a CD5i and the CD5x (his unit, not mine). No question - I am sticking with the CD5x - sounded terrific in his setups (switched it to three different setups to make sure it just wasn't the synergy between the gear).

Determined that there MUST be something wrong with my setup at home, be it power, cabling etc. so he is going to come over next week and see what is what. I should NOT be hearing the graininess that I am hearing in my system, not to mention the lack of bass.

On another note, completely fell in love with a new integrated amp outside of my Nait 5i. It is the LFD signature and it sounded beautiful with any speaker combination we tried (Neat Elites, various Kudos) - problem is, I can't afford one at this time :-(

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2355
Markus,

Missed opportunity - you should've taken your unit along and compared it to his. There might be something wrong with it - it does happen.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1569
I'll soon be having a shootout with my Apollo and a Naim CD5i I won on ebay. It won't be with the Naim Din cable though so we'll soon see. Should be interesting to see which unit stays after a lengthy trial.

Silver Member

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 158
Frank - it wasn't a planned visit. I just found myself with time between meetings while in the neighbourhood.

M.R. - look forward to reading your results.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5335
Keep in mind Markus that MR will be listening to those players through gear that though quite good, isn't really well suited to either. Your results would vary considerably from his. I hope you get your Naim player resolved because it's a heck of a nice player.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8612
MR, which IC's are you going to go with?

Must not call Marcus about the 5i...Must not call Marcus about the 5i...

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1572
Nuck, the IC's will be the Merlins I have now. BTW Art, though I agree the NAD gear isn't Rega (or other better brands) the Apollo does suit it very well indeed. And yes, I know better gear would bring out the best in both the Rega and Naim cdp's.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2366
So when is this shootout happening MR? Interested to know what happens...

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 394
"though I agree the NAD gear isn't Rega (or other better brands) the Apollo does suit it very well indeed"

Carefull now...lol. Compared to which? I recently heard a Rega Setup to see what all this hype was about. Some things impressed me, some didn't. The Apollo, yes, did impress me. Their Speakers also impressed me, their integrates did not. Their one model turntable IS the NAD. IMO the statement "NAD gear isnt Rega" comes down to which product you are comparing. Just The 542 cd player to the Apollo? Yeah Apollo does win. Comparing the integrated amps and power amps, ahhhhhh hmmmmmmm.????? Comparing it all to the NAD Masters series. Not a chance. IMO. So does that mean "Reaga isnt NAD" now.LOL. That said, I do think the apollo lived up to its hype on this site. I will keep my eye out for one, and probably pick it up. Its a sweet player.

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
But like Frank said, get that going.lol I want to know what wins.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1582
So when is this shootout happening MR? Interested to know what happens...

Frank - me too . I expected it to arrive today, but hopefully tomorrow otherwise it will be Monday. It left registered and insured on Tuesday. Australia Post - nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more.

Nick, I've only heard a Rega amp with a tube preamp otherwise I am clueless how they compare to my NAD gear, but I would expect at similar power the Rega would outclass it. For the money it would certainly want to.

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
yeah I would say its a notch above classic series a notch below Masters. Thats just my opinion. Cant wait for your gear to arrive M.R.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1585
I have the CD5i home and my first impressions are that I'm liking it a lot. Do I like the music from this rather than from the Apollo? Well, I like the Apollo a lot too. But there are differences and I shall need more time. Perhaps a few hours, or a few days. Or a week or two.

One thing I feel the CD5i has over the Apollo is more pizzazz - a bit more of 'get those feet moving and tell the legs' - we shall see.

Bronze Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 71
Don't forget the hips M.R. Enjoy. Look forward to your review.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2371
Let's see how it all turns out after you've let the thing warm up (don't switch it off, same as the Apollo, unless you live in a storm area). In a few days you'll be hearing both players firing on all cylinders.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2087
Rantz,

Its a fun shoot out between those players. I've done it several times.

Ever think about selling the one you don't want and buying a matching integrated amp?

The Nait 5i/CD5i or Mira3/Apollo combo should sound phenominal with your Quads. It should run circles around the NAD seperates from a musical point of view. Its all about synergy.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5347
Agreed on all counts...

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1586
Frank, I did let the CD5i warm up for a while and now it's powered up continuously like the Apollo. Hopefully more comparisons over the weekend. But yeah, I think it will take a few days/weeks to make a decision - then again, maybe not.

Stu & Art, that's not out of the realms of possabilities.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1589
Finding it difficult to pick a winner. Both Mrs R and I are slightly favouring the Naim as it seems a little smoother. While some reviews suggest otherwise the bass seems very slightly more controlled with the CD5i. PRaT are on a par and musically both are great cdps. This is difficult and I wonder if better amplication would make the task easier to determine the differences.

Stu - this is not so much fun now (picking a winner).

If the Naim turns out to be the winner (not a foregone conclusion yet by any means) it would only be considering the price we paid. If buying new, at the price difference here, the Apollo is the no brainer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8671
Tough call it seems, Rantz.
With a whole Naim kit it would be night and day.
Careful, bud.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1590
Agreed Nuck, but the price of here makes Naim amplification out of the question for me. The Rega gear is much more realistic, though still out there a bit. It's a tough job, but I want to get my system established for the long term. Hmm, the Saturn is looking good :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8681
Hmmm... A Rega setup with your Apollo would work quite well, especially with the Quads.
Oh was that Mrs. Rantz kicking your butt there?

Dude, you gotta check out the Mira3.

I heard it with the R5 speakers and it was, in a word, happenin'!
And that was in a hallway setup.
A little limited in power for me, but it ran to it's limit with ease.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1591
If I were to go Rega, I'd be looking at the Cursa 3 and Maja 3 at a minimum, but Rega still doesn't solve my HT input problem. So something else may have to suffice. But, I think I'll be waffling for a while yet while I consider things.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2092
Rantz,

I bought the Apollo because of the price difference. I didn't think the CD5i mopped the floor with the Apollo in any way shape or form. But, it still is a better CD player in almost everyway to my ears. When I had the cash in hand and did my final audition, I didn't think the additional $700 it costs here was justified.

Keep in mind the Nait 5i has a HT bypass feature, where the volume control is bypassed (I believe this is how it works) making things easier. I don't think the Cursa does. It also has the DIN inputs that'll match up better and sound better than when using just about any RCA.

The DINs make the Naim system sound much better than if using the RCAs. The sound is cleaner, tighter, more focused, and has significantly less noise. Its hard to believe just how much better it is until you've heard a Nait 5i and CD5i with the DINs. The difference is almost night and day. More like late evening/dusk and day.

If you're thinking Saturn, you should really try to audition a CD5x.

I haven't heard Naim's newest entry-level pre-amp, the 122x, but I've heard the 112x. To be honest, I think the Nait 5i was better in a lot of ways than the seperates. So did a lot of others, prompting Naim to update the 112x to the 122x. The only thing the 112x/150x combo had on the Nait 5i IMO was flexibility - more inputs, the ability to add external power supplies, and the ability to power a seperate phono pre-amp.

Sorry to get off topic a little. But IMO, you really haven't heard the CD5i until you've heard it with Naim amplification and cableing. But, same goes for Rega, minus their cableing.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1592
Thanks Stu, that's good information, though I wonder if the Nait5i, at 50wts has enough enough power for my needs? Occassionally, I like to turn that dial up (for music and movies) and minimum recommendation for the Quads is a 50 watt amp.

I think a ht bypass (yes, straight to the power amp) has more gain than a standard pre-in to compensate for spl adjustments for all chanels at the AVR end. The NAD C272 power amp has one with a + - control.

I'll keep your info in mind, but auditioning Naim is about an hour and half's drive, but maybe . . .

Silver Member

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 159
Hi again everyone. Just as an update, my plans on downgrading my system have resulted in my system being upgraded!

I was originally looking to sell my CD5x and pick up either an Apollo or CD5i. During my various demo sessions between the CD5i and the CD5x, I fell in love with an integrated amplifier by LFD. It has all the PRaT of the Naim Nait 5i but is far more refined on every level. Well, by chance, I got my hands on a previously owned LFD integrated for a song and now have it partnered up with my CD5x, allowing me to sell my Nait instead of the CD5x to raise the last of the funds I need. As they say, I am one happy bunny at the moment (except for the small matter of maybe needing new speaker cables / and or speakers since the NACA5 cables don't seem to play nice with the LFD, lacking warmth and dynamics. Swapping cables cures this nicely).

M.R. - the Naim Nait 5i is a high current amp so don't worry about the low 50 watts rating, it has tons of power to drive most speakers in a HT setup with ease. In fact, the AV passthru bumps up the gain on the amp by 11 dB, so I always had to boost my other speakers aggressively to match sound levels with my fronts.

Funny thing is, while I did indeed start this thread, I still have not heard a Rega Apollo in action!

Cheers everyone.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1597
Thanks Marcus, though I still haven't made a decision. There's things I like about both players. Did you solve your problem with the Naim CD5X?

Silver Member

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 160
M.R. - yes, I did indeed solve my problem with the CD5X. It is a rather finicky player and proper setup is important, as was evident when my dealer helped me to do things properly (isolation cones, replacement of powercord etc.). I now have plenty of bass and a very smooth sounding player, especially with the LFD.

How have you set up your players? Do you have a dedicated stand or are they stacked etc?

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1598
Gald you got it sorted Marcus. My units are on a thick glass shelving unit:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/377431.html

I know what some say about glass shelves, but this is a heavy and very rigid system though that doesn't mean it can't be improved upon - unless improvements don't conform to the WAF of course.

Silver Member

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 161
M.R. - is the glass itself quite thick, say at least 7 or 8 mm? - I cannot tell from the pictures. If it is not, you may be experiencing some ringing of the glass which I have found to dramatically affect sound quality.

I am not one who believes in the whole hocus pocus of audio voodoo tweaks but I do NOW believe in the merits of a good quality audio stand (I use Quadraspire) and proper gear isolation. In my experience, these things can greatly affect the quality of drive, treble, midrange and bass performance found in music.

By the way - nice setup you have going on so far :-)

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1599
Marcus, yes the glass is quite thick, about 8mm I'd say. Some tweaks certainly work while others are surely snake oil, but isolation is a proven benefit.

Anyway, I'll continue comparing these players for a while yet, so stay tuned.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1603
I stated previously:

While some reviews suggest otherwise the bass seems very slightly more controlled with the CD5i

Nope, that's not quite true, they both seem fairly well controlled in that area. Funny thing is that they seem to do all things very well, except I keep wanting to play music on the Naim. And so does Mrs Rantz. A guest commented within a minute into a Diane Krall CD (with which he was familiar) after I played a track on the Apollo and then on the Naim, that the Naim was more engaging. I agree, though it's difficult to ascertain WHY?

One possible reason may be that high end detail sounds more natural to me as do vocals - but only by a tad when listening for it. PRaT seems a virtue of both players, but
maybe the Naim does this a little better also.

Bottom line for us, and remember this is a non synergized set up, the Naim musically pips the Apollo. If I were shopping now and listened to both, I'd buy the Apollo at around grand less (AUD) no question. What I have to consider is (a) we prefer the Naim a but not by that much and (b) the Apollo still has warranty time.

WHY DID I DO THIS?

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2100
"...the Naim musically pips the Apollo. If I were shopping now and listened to both, I'd buy the Apollo at around grand less (AUD) no question."

That's one of the reasons why I bought an Apollo too. I agree with pretty much everything you're saying. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but here it goes...

The differences between them will be more appearent if/when they're hooked up to a Naim Nait 5i. The Nait will expose more differences in PRaT and a few intangibles that I can't really describe. But, some people prefer the Apollo over the CD5i when connected to the Nait 5i. To my ears, in this set up the Apollo sounds a little smoother and warmer. It also sounds slightly veiled and colored. The CD5i sounds a little brighter (most likely due to a little more resolution and/or less noise in the system due to DINs) and a little livelier.

Neither is outright better than the other. Its all about preference.

Personally I prefer the CD5i, but not at $700 US more than the Apollo. If the difference was about $300 US or so, I'd own a CD5i.

You really should make it a point to visit the Naim dealer to hear a Nait. Bring your Apollo. Listen to the Apollo and CD5i side by side through a Nait. Its only an hour and a half drive. At the end of the day, you'll have more insight as to which way you want to go.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1604
Stu, I know the Nait 5i is well designed in the power department, but 50 watts only still concerns me. Our room isn't small and I beleive I use at least that much of the C272 often at times and the minimum recommendation for an amp suitable for the Quads is 50 watts. But you are right: maybe a drive in traffic for an hour and a half may be worth a listen, though I'm still considering other amps. We shall see.

Silver Member

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 162
M.R. - my Nait 5i replaced my Bryston amps (rated at 125 watts) with no problems. Its the high current nature of the amps that is important.

I also had a NAD 218THX stereo amp (I think that was the model) and it couldn't hold a candle to the Bryston I replaced it with, so I imagine that the Naim would best the NAD by quite a margin.

Anyway - if you have nothing better to do some upcoming weekend, make the drive and see what you think. Better yet, pack up your speakers with you and see how loud the Nait can drive them in the store.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2113
Funny thing is, the 218THX is one of the best products NAD ever made IMO. Its a great amp, but you're right, it doesn't measure up to a Bryston amp.

50 Naim watts aren't anything to sneeze at. The Nait will deliver 500 peak watts into 1 ohm. That's not a stiff power supply, is it?

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1606
Thanks guys, when I get the time I think I'll do as you suggest. I was hoping to hear a Saturn today, but there just isn't one around. Also I hoped to hear some Rega amplification but the dealer isn't in today. Just covering bases, but every time I listen to these cdp's I keep changing my mind - they both have their virtues - so I think trying to audtion a synergetic kit of each is the way to go. Of course a lot depends on what I can get for my current gear once I do decide.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2378
I regularly use a Nait5i in our 7x5m demo room with things like Arros and Dynaudio 42s (nether easy to drive). I don't usually run out of steam and it gets pretty loud in demos...

That said, it hasn't got a bottomless pit of power.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1610
Okay, it looks like the Naim will be staying whether we stick with the NAD combo or not. We both believe the music is more engaging with the CD5i. The Apollo, as Mrs Rantz puts it, seems a little harsh by comparison and while it is dynamic and musical it doesn't quite do for us now what the Naim does. It's more natural timbre of certain instruments, it's pace and its liquid smoothness has us hooked. The longer one listens the more it becomes apparent how the Naim really draws you into the music.

But, and although I'm repeating myself, I still believe the Apollo is the best value for the money - at least here in Aus - the CD5i is better imho, just not a grand better.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2383
MR

I certainly get where you're coming from, and the value for money issue is just as relevant here in the UK (£500 vs £850). The results in demos depend a lot on the accompanying equipment too I think.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5405
Congrats on choosing the Naim player MR. Your findings mirror mine. I very much like both players. I like the Naim a bit more and if I'd had the money or planned to upgrade to Naim in the near future I would have picked the Naim player. With an all Rega system.....I would have still bought the Naim if I'd had the scratch but overall I'm very pleased with the Apollo.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1611
Art, thanks. Yes, the Apollo is a great player and I think I will find it difficult to part with it. I never expected to win the auction for the CD5i, and while I thought it would take a Saturn or others even higher up the scale to beat the Apollo, the Naim has been a bit of a pleasant surprise. And maybe "beat" is the wrong word, I'm sure there would some who would prefer the Apollo.

Frank, I'd say you're right, but I'm in an audio desert here - and even in the big smoke it's difficult to find dealers with the right systems to audition right now.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2129
Same here

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2388
Sorry guys,

As an example, what I meant was that in some systems, people might choose the Apollo over the CD5i and in other systems they might choose the other way. It's unusual, for example, for someone listening through a Rega amp to choose the Naim player over the Rega player.

I hope that makes sense. I didn't mean that you hadn't heard anything yet or anything like that.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4757
Congrats, M.R.!

Just passing by. If it's really an audio desert where you are, you've made an oasis.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5407
It is however not unusual for a someone buying a Naim amp to buy an Apollo...In fact they have been featured together in several publications.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2131
I'd say a Nait and Apollo is far more common that a Mira 3 and CD5i. Some Naimees, not a solid majority but enough to say so, prefer the Apollo in a Nait/Naim speakers setup over a CD5i according to my dealer.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2393
Stu, Art,

Indeed that's exactly my view, and there's no doubting that a lot of it has to do with the value for money proposition that is the Apollo, as well as the vfm that the Nait5i provides.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8834
Can't beat the apollo for the working class gentleman.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us