1 PARADIGM PS-1000 POWERED SUBWOOFER
1 PARADIGM CC-300 CENTER CHANNEL
1 PAIR PARADIGM ADP 150 REAR SPEARKERS

all 600.00

Paradigm Monitor 7s and CC170 center 600.00

Polk Rt1150 625.00pr
Def tech 2004s 750.00pr

AR5s 1000.00pr

Out of all of these speakers which one is the best sounding and/or the best value?

I presently have

Pioneer VSX-43tx
Samsung HDTV tuner
Sony DVD player
NHT 1.1s speakers (surround)
Boston Acoustics CR8 (mains)
RCA metal encased speakersfrom radio shack(surround rears)

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Elite

Post Number: 12
Paradigm reference studio 100's are the best speakers around
break the bank
you only live once

Bronze Member
Username: Djtorch

Post Number: 34
HOw much are paradigm reference 100s?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
$2000.00
but worth way more
check out the reviews

Anonymous

I agree w/ Joe, Paradigm Ref sounds awesome but expensive. I ended up w/ Def Tech 2002TL bec. I got it 20% off brand new and no need to buy a sub. I use a Y adapter for the sub input and it rocks.

Bronze Member
Username: Djtorch

Post Number: 35
I cannot afford 2000 speakers...point blank. I think I will go with some def techs 2004s if they are still available. If I'm lucky I will get them for about 700.00 the pair.

Unregistered guest
James, I was in Mpls, Minn summer before last and listened to the Paradigm line. I was going to bring back a pair of Studio 20's for a freind here on Maui. I went all the way up the line to the Ref Studio 100's. Nice speaker. Close to my old ADS L-1290's I thought. Then, I compared them side by side to the $880.00/pair Green Mountain Europa's. No contest. GMA won hands down. I was amazed. Needless to say, my friend got a pair of Europa's and I did as well. Listen to them if you can. Amazing speaker at any price. The steal of the audio world at $880/pair

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i dont think there is anything in the 2000 dollar price range that comes close to the paradigm once they are broken in. this takes almost 300 hours. I auditioned speakers from several different store including b&w's which they blew away.
you can lose yourself in the sound. they need a very good amp. I get goose bumps sometimes because they sound so "real"!

Bronze Member
Username: Markusp

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 36
James - just to let you know that the cc170 is the wrong speaker to match up with the Monitor 7s. You would need to get the cc370 which costs substantially more. The cc170 is a poor match and will sound tiny by comparison.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us