Cornfused and need advice!

Username: Floridahog

Florida

Post Number: 4
I have decided on some speakers and now considering various models and set ups. I am planning on going with Paradigm. I know in the ideal world getting a set of matched speakers is the way to go. Here is my dilema. I have a set of Vandersteen Model 1 speakers that are 6 or 8 years old give or take. Do I replace those with a complete new setup and go with say the Paradigm Mini Monitors as my fronts and use the Titans for surround and the CC-170 for the center and a matching sub or, do I use the Vandersteens and upgrade the center, sub and surrounds? My receiver is a Marantz 7400.

Unregistered guest
Why do you want to replace the Vandersteens? Have you compared the Paradigm side by side with your current speaker? You should. Then make your decision. Might not be speakers you need to upgrade, but rather some other component earlier in the chain.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 597
Tom:

My first impression agrees with mauimusicman, I would suggest you would be disappointed going from Vandersteens to Paradigm Mini-Monitors---ESPECIALLY WITH THAT RECEIVER! (Nice receiver, BTW!). The Marantz is a bit laid back, but the Paradigms are very laid back--not the best combo in the world (but there are worse). The Vandersteens, however, compliment the Marantz very well. I would suggest you get the matching Vandersteen center and you can use almost anything you want for the surrounds.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 582
NO...replace the Vandersteens and give them to me. I'll pay for shipping! yeah, that's the ticket :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us