Axioms okay with Yamaha RX-V2400?

Da Bears
Unregistered guest
Has anyone heard the Axioms with the RX-V2400 receiver? Going through their website, and using their recommendation from the Home Theater Wizard it says to get the following.

Front M3
Center VP100
Surround QS4
Sub EP175
Rear Surround QS4

These will come to a little over $1500.00, which is my limit on speakers.

Username: Doctor_t

Post Number: 5
While the M3ti is a great little bookshelf speaker, specially good if you're listening almost exclusively to home theater in a smaller room, I'd still consider forgoing the sub for now and getting a pair of floorstanding M80 or M60tis. Buy the sub later and use the bass management to let the floorstanders handle the bass for now.
You will still have something to look forward to in a year or few months or whenever you decide to add a sub, in the meanwhile the floorstanders will really rock.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 622
nice set-up, but I haven't heard it on a Yamaha. Does not hold up well to a big room, though. But if you used the Axiom HT wizard, you've probably taken that into account. Should be perfect in a small room.
cheers

Username: Mad320

Upstate NY, NY USA

Post Number: 2
Are Axioms Sound really that good? Nervous about not being able to listen to them. And the old saying "You get what you pay for"

moab
Unregistered guest
With Axiom you get a 30 day listening trail so WTH go for it. I am going to buy some as soon as I decide if I want the m60 or m80's.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 704
moab,
just be informed that the m80s are 4 ohms, so you'd want to pick your receivers carefully.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us