Bel Canto vs Bryston

Username: Davetherave

Post Number: 8
I've narrowed down my choices for Amps between the 'Bel Canto e.One s300iu' and the Bryston B100 SST. Can anyone tell me which one will work better with my Martin Logan Aerius speakers? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 524
Personaly I'd go with the Bryston I love the bass they give out. They give out a VERY clean sound and have a wicked build qulaity and 20 year Warranty.

That other amp looks really good allso

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8373
With what preamp, Dave?

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 159
Nuck just wondering aren't those both int amps he mentioned

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2070
Haven't heard Bel Canto, but everything I've heard about them is very favorable.

The Bryston B100 SST is an awsome amp. Very strong, neutral, and clean sounding. Very musical with the right surrounding components and speakers. I'm not a Martin Logan fan, so I can't or shouldn't comment on the combination. But, the B100 should have more than power to drive them.

If you're going the Bryston route, you need a very good source. Bryston can get brutally revealing of everything its connected to. I wouldn't plan on using anything less than an about $2500 CD player. Think Rega Saturn and Naim CD5x as minimums if you want to get your money's worth from the B100.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2071
kyle touched on the warantee aspect of Bryston. If you don't know, Bryston has a 20 year transferrable warantee. If you can find one second hand, they may be the safest bet. You'd need the original bill of sale from an authorized dealer for any Bryston under about 5 years old.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 229
I heard a pair of Bel Canto monoblocks played through a pair of Totem Staafs recently. I was blown away by the clarity and punch. Probably had a lot to do with speakers too, mind you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us