Which speakers for Marantz gear?

Username: Floridahog

Florida

Post Number: 2
Just ordered a new Marantz receiver 7400 and would like suggestions for speakers. My budget is somewhat limited since we have also ordered a 60" LCD and new DVD player etc. What would yall suggest for a budget of under 1K? I also presently have a set of Vandersteen Audio Model 1 floorspeakers that could fit into the equation. These have been used with an older Rotel 2 channel receiver. Anyone willing to chime in would be a real help here. Thanks

Username: Floridahog

Florida

Post Number: 3
I just realized I left a few things out. I am looking to do a surround setup and the mix of video/music would be just about 50/50. The overall room size is approx 18" W X 32" L although the seating area is half of that.

Thanks

Username: Fletcher

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 6
Hi, I'm actually looking for the same, speaker packages paired with Marantz 7300. I have short listed a few, and thought it might help. If you can audition them, please let me know what you think.

Monitor Audio B4 system
Acoustic Energy Evo 3b
Infinity Primus System
Mordaunt Short 902 System

(They are all around the same price point)

ChrisAG
Unregistered guest
I have the Mordaunt-Short 906 with my SR6200, it's a great match.

Unregistered guest
I have the Klipsch Reference series with my Marantz SR8300 and it sounds amazing...

Username: Mad320

Upstate NY, NY USA

Post Number: 7
Have Marantz SR6400 With 3yr old Paradigm Legend speakers that have the Subwoofer built right into the speaker. They have excellent sound for both music and home theater. I am looking to upgrade and it will most certainly be to the Paradigm monitor 90P speaker, also with the built in sub. I have one question for you though? Do you realize the only difference between the 6400 and the 7400 is the 7400 upgrades all video to component, which is great but if you have a high def tv and DVD player you are using component cables any way. The only thing left is the VCR which is hardly used any more. The other difference is the 7400 lets you control two different rooms. Ask your self if the $200.00 more you are paying for the 7400 is worth it. either way you will be happy with the marantz receiver. My OPINION and just that is, try out a pair of Paradigm Speakers. Heck I will have a pair for sale soon for anyone interested. Let me know what you decide on in This forum topic and how they sound. Good Luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us