Off topic but no forum for it...computer speaker opinions?

AdamVerducc
Unregistered guest
Any of you audiophiles out there use computer speakers? Looking for a good, moderately priced set. Any recommendations? Is the consensus that computer speakers are all just a bunch of junk? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 575
I don't think that is the case. Its just that there is no big push for a killer computer sound system. Put your money in a nice home audio entertainment sysstme and if you want, tie them all up using a computer media center.

AdamVerducc
Unregistered guest
That's what I'm trying to avoid. I have a Denon receiver hooked up to a pair of PSB Alphas as my computer speakers right now. It's a bit too cumbersome. Are any of the actual computer speakers any good?

Username: Baza_j

Post Number: 4
Personally ive heard the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks and they seemed pretty good to me if u are looking for a 2.1 setup. Though i wouldnt say im a big audiophile, but could tell the difference between a good setup and a bad.

Anonymous

Look into a set of Polk RM6005. Good set of satellite speakers for $300-$400. You also get a free 10inch sub!!

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1157
If you have Apple, the basic " Apple Pro" speakers with an iSub give, to me, amazing value for 2.1, from a listening position at the keyboard.

The "Pro" speakers are only powered from the USB 2 port. 10W per channel. 70 Hz - 20 kHz. I cannot find out how they actually work. Anyone know?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us