Naim CD5i - can anyone tell me . . .

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1487
There's a new Naim CD5i on Ebay here for a very good price. Has anyone the listening knowledge to compare with the Apollo and Saturn. I love our Apollo and I did hear this Naim cdp briefly over a year ago and liked it a lot but my auric memory isn't that reliable. Just wondering but maybe more than a whim if really worth while.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1488
Forget I asked - I just got a fishy response to a question I asked from the seller.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8314
The cdp will be shipped as soon as you lend me 10k to recover my inheritance in Nambia?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11125

Asked what? What question are we forgetting?

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 176
Nuck, you are too funny.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1492
I didn't forget the question, I forgot the question mark. Anyhow, the point is now moot. If the CD5i was actually new with a manufacturer's warranty I may have been interested. It's not and I like our Apollo too much to take a risk no matter how much more musically talented the Naim may or may not be combined in our kit.

But in case it's another question you think I forgot, how about: will the green fluro lights of the CD5i be a better match for the power on lights of the NAD C162 and C272 as the red display of the Apollo seems quite incongrous in our musical setting when amplification is in progress?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8335
MR, you turn the display off of the Apollo, no?

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1496
Yes, Nuck - that was a joke!

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 638
I am going to get a local auto window tint company to tint my Saturn and Carver tuner glass faceplates to match my MAC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us