Polk RTi70 speakers ok for Onkyo tx sr800?

Budd
i have a onkyo tx sr 800 receiver that i am more than happy with, but i want new speakers. i am currently using the Onkyo ht-500 set which are ok but not what i want. my gf said she'd buy a set for my birthday :). for now i was looking at the Polk RTi70's for about $600 to replace my fronts, the rest would come later. would those be a good match for my reciever? anything else similar i should be looking at? sadly i don't have a local audio shop where i can listen to the speakers, just about everything has to be done online. please let me know what you guys think

Anonymous
Sure polk and onkyo go well together.You want to have center speaker that matches your front speakers though.

Anonymous
How about Polk R50/20 and CS30 with a Kenwood Vr 7070 ?? Any input is aprecaited

Anonymous
I would use a high current receiver with those Polks, HK or Onyko will go nicely with them. Kenwood is not in that league. Seems to me alot of Polk speakers are not 8 ohms and alot of receivers can't handle loads under 8 without heating up, besides those two receivers will sound better then the Kenwood.

Budd
ok, i've looked at the Polks among others and i think i have want at set of Infinity IL 50'r or 60's. anyone familar with these?

elitefan
BUDD:
You should try to audition the Paradigm Monitor 7 also. They are about same price as the Polks and I think are a little smoother sounding. I like Polks but have only heard the 70's at Circut City; a bad place to here anything. Either brand should be ok with the onkyo. Good luck.

Anonymous
RTI ARE BEING REPLACED SO YOU MAY SEE SOME DEALS ON THEM
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/newsflash/polk-audio-rti-speakers-redesign-7-2003.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us