What styli to use

Username: Hoffkdh

Post Number: 1
I have a NAD-555 with a goldring electra styli thats worn out. What should I replace it with? At a resonable price 20-50 bucks maybe? System background - NAD is hooked to a NAD preamp i think a PP-2 to a Denon AVR-982 then out to 4 RBH MC6 speakers a RBH MC414 center and a TS10AP subwoofer Thanks for any info.......

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2013
You can get a new stylus for that cartridge without having to replace the entire cartridge. Your dealer should be able to help you with this. If they can't, try here -

http://www.musicdirect.com/products/mfr.asp?manid=GOLDRING&sort=Price&order=1

I don't know how easy they are to change. I'd definitely go through a dealer if possible, as they'll know how to change it and align it.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10976

If the cartridge has been properly aligned and the tonearm balanced, you don't have to do any new procedure if you only replace the stylus. A new cartridge will require a new set up. Unless you've been unhappy with the existing cartridge, I would just replace the stylus. At less than $50 you won't find anything better and may easily find something worse.

Username: Hoffkdh

Post Number: 2
Thanks yea the cartridge is fine I just need the stylus and didn't know if there were different options for stylus for this cartridge. I'm just getting back into vinyl after a couple of decades. I fell asleep at the wheel and left a record playing at the end for a few days reducing my stylus down to a nub. duh....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us