Is there a big difference in Preamps?

Username: Bmw330

Highlands Ranch, Colorado USA

Post Number: 4
I am currently running an Outlaw 950 (7.1) Is there going to be a huge difference if I went to something like a Krell Showcase? If so, what would be the plus. I have a lead on a good price on a used Krell.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10966

What would you consider a "huge difference"? Are you interested only in a difference or would you settle for an improvement?

Post Number: 5
I would settle for an improvement. I think part of it is, I've always wanted a Krell. I;m pretty sure if I didn't like it, I could sell it for what I'm going to pay for it. I just don't want to drop the coin, just to drop the coin. If I could get a noticable improvement, I would probably go for it.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10969

The Outlaw is a very good value piece. The Krell is a good high end piece. I can't tell you what you might notice, particularly if this is primarily a video system, but the Krell is worth trying. As you say, if you don't feel it's worth the investment, you can resell to get your money back.

Bronze Member
Username: Arien

Post Number: 12
Hi, talking about Krell Preamps, what's the difference between the KSL & KRC series?

If you have a chance to get KSL and ARC LS3 at the same price, which one would you choose?

Thanks...

Post Number: 6
I hooked up the Krell showcase yesterday. I would say there is a noticeable difference in clarity. The system sound smoother than the Outlaw piece. The Outlaw was a great starter pre-amp. It's now up for sale. It's in mint condition w/all original boxes,remote and instructions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us