Tell it like it is

Username: Mcmanigalmj

Post Number: 9
Im putting the final touches on my Home Theater and I was hoping to get some feedback and possibly some help on how im doing and what else I should look into. I currently have 7.1 Pioneer reciever with four Boston Accoustic shelf speakers, a Boston Accoustic Center Channel Speaker, and a Boston Accoustic 10" sub. For my final two speakers that will operate as my fronts I was hoping to find a couple of LOUD, quality floorstanding speakers for around 500 to 575 dollars. Ive been looking into the Infinity Beta 50 Floorstanding Speakers and so far they seem to be the best way to go. What do you guys think? Any other suggestions otherwise? Thank you in advance for all your help guys!

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1212
Why not more Boston Acoustics? My preference is the same make of speakers all around, so the transition from surrounds to mains is seamless, but much more importantly so the timbre from the mains to the center matches - very important for 5.1 music!

So I'd say Boston Acoustics or start over and sell the existing speakers, especially that sub.

Post Number: 10
But arent the floorstanding Boston Acoustics much more expensive?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Well Ive taken a look around and found the Boston Acoustics VR2 3-Way floorstanding speakers. Do you think that they would sound better then the Beta's or be able to handle being played harder and louder? And as for the matching up with the brand names, how much of a difference would there be, is it really that big of an issue?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
How about the Boston Acoustics VR3 Black? Anybody know much about them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us