Studio monitors for HT setup in a small bedroom

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 328
New to this forum. Been more into car audio and just getting done with my system there so now I am interested in moving into HT A/V.

I plan on getting a 32-42" flat screen LCD and wanted to get some serious SOUND to go with it for my bedroom.

How would studio monitors, such as the Dynaudio BM5A, compare to HT speakers for 50/50 music to movies use in a bedroom? Will I be able to hook it up?

Would I be better off getting DIY bookshelf speakers?

Would any of these be better than getting a pair of the AV123 x-cs?

I can get the Dynaudio BM5A at guitar center and I planned on trading in my bass amp, so the difference would be minimal. I'm going to go into GC at lunch today and demo their monitors.

Wondered if I should go with the Dynaudio BM5A because they have built in amps, and it would also save me money on getting a reciever.

I'm in college so best price/performance is kept in mind.

Bronze Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 50
Don't forget used equipment. I have been trying out and trading in a lot of gear at one store that has both old and new. If you are lucky, there is a place like this near you with a constant flux of different stock. It gives you a chance to experiment and not have to sweat each decision like now that I am far from the place. http://www.hawthornestereo.com/used/

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
yeah, I went to listen to the Dynaudio at lunch... man was it amazing! Want to hear other stuff before I make my decision, but seems like it would be tough to beat at around $500/ea

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
What will compare to the Dynaudio BM5A sound wise, but will be cheaper?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us