Low Sound Output

Username: Seltaebs

Oxford, CT USA

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a Audio Technica AT-PL 120 Turtable to replace my older Technics SL-D205. Following the installation instructions to my TEAC AG-V1050 Receiver I am finding I only get a fraction of the volume. I come to find that my new unit has a magnetic cartridge which I am told produces a weaker signal. I think my technics has the ceramic cartride which produces a stronger signal. Any ideas as to how I can get a stronger signal out of my receiver? Can I swap to a ceramic cartridge on this unit to remedy the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10801
You probably had a magnetic cartridge on the old table also. The new cartridge simply has a lower output voltage. You can buy a magnetic cartridge with a higher output voltage.

Username: Seltaebs

Oxford, CT USA

Post Number: 2
Now that advice sounds solid. Didn't know you can order cartridges with different voltage outputs. Any suggesions as to where I order a higher voltage cartridge or would I have to contact the manufacturer for it? Do you think Radio Shack might have it? Any help would be appreciated

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10804

Put "phono cartridge" in a search engine. That should turn up several sources.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us