The great outdoors

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7858
Our neighbors are having a block party next month, so I offered to take care of the music.
The event will be based outside a house at the end of a street, and flow into an open field.
I had no idea how my stuff would play out in the open, so I hauled half of it up yesterday, to play in our 70' deep yard.
The Classe amp, pre and Rotel cdp.
Also the Psb speaks, figguring their personality would broadcast a more direct line than the wider MA8i's.
The Psb's went on bricks, 4 per, and roughly levelled.
The 'stage' is set about 6' from our rear wall, under a pagoda, 8' apart and no toe.

I was (and am) impressed.
This arrangement provided so much air, so much space and such a warmth that I may not bring them back inside!JK.

The power levels req'd to reach the rear of the yard were surprisingly little. Like 10 out of 45.
The music kept it's time all the way to the back of the yard, the bass was rolled off after 20' or so, of course(even with the Velodps12 out there), but I don't have any bass bins at the moment.

This morning, I brought out the MA8i's and tried them. Outstanding! Same as before, a little more extension within 40', still well timed to the back of the yard.
At no time was I tempted to torque the amp at all.

The block party should be well in hand next month(barring rain), Abbey Road carried so far, so well, with so cohesive a delivery.
Crowded House is a real treat!
Music like that which is not bass dependant.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 1133
Yeah, I think I'll save the C-V! for just such an occasion.

...I still haven't opened them.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 185
Sounds like a good time Nuck! Hope the weather is good for you when the party rolls around.

Which PSB's do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7882
Stratus Silver. About 12 yrs old.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us