Revel M12 vs Polk Lsi7 vs EraD4 vs AAD S-1

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 148
Well guys i'm still looking at for a bookshelf resently i've found out their is a local dealer who carries Revel dont know much about them.
Basically I'm looking for bookshelf with some lower extention tight clean bass. Nice soundstage. Once I decide on my the speakers I'll start working on my amplification. The Revel M22 look impressive little outta my league for now that is. What can you guys tell me about these speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2248
Chico,

You should consider the combination as a unit. In fact, you should consider the whole system as one flowing thing, each section complementing the strengths of the next. In my opinion, you should ask the dealer to show you what he thinks is a good combination, or a natural combination with the speakers. If it's way beyond your budget, ask him what would fit in to your budget and also discuss the source you're using with him to make sure it will fit as a combination.

There's no point in buying speakers and then casting around for an amp - that's a bit like buying some wheels and then casting around for a car to put them on.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Dean53

Muskegon, MI United States

Post Number: 2
I have heard good things about the Revel Concerta series. Revel is owned by the Harmon company (who also owns Infinity, JBL, Mark Levinson). So they come from a reputable audio company for sure. As with any other speaker, I would say give them a listen before you pull the trigger. Definitely as Frank stated, the amp has a lot to do with the choice of speaker and vise versa. good luck and happy listening.
-Mike

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 149
Excellent points Frank. You in essence are saying I should look at 'system synergy'.
So far I was suggusted with to match the Belcanto with the AAD S-1. The AAD dealor also has arcam and plinus offerings. With the Eras the Musical Fidelity A3.5 for starters, or the Nad C372 would more suit my budget and give good results. The Revel dealor suggusted Parasound & Mark Levinson wow really out of my league. But as I find more dealor i've dealt with match with speakers what they carry.

Location wise i'm limited in how much i can do I only have a Revel Klipsch Def tech and BA dealor on the island. The later brands i'm not really interested in. The models i'm looking at none of the dealors have them instock. Only one store has a listening room. Can you imagine??? So its quite fustrating. All i can really do is ask questions do some research. But I understand what you are saying perfectly.
Here is what i'm using presently a hk3380 pair of mini monitor v5's and nad C525.
I'll have to upgrade my receiver for sure. So I was leaning more toward an int amp. with a pre-out, something with decent sound quality, with a little punchiness in the mid bass area. Maybe the Nad or Arcam will do that for me??? I dont know anything about the Revel or AAD speakers so I am trying to get some info from those who own or have auditoned them extensively to see if their sound is what I'm looking for. Paradigms are nice but I find them little bright. Was looking for a more neutral to warm speaker. Thats what pricked my attention with the era's. The NHT's are well out of curious list for now.
So what since i'll starting with my speakers what sound qualities do those speakers I mentioned have??? Would pairing them Revel era's or AAD's with a parasound be a good idea???

Username: Eduardox

Post Number: 5
Has anyone compared the M12 vs B&W 601 or Totel Dreamcathcer?

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us