Polk R300 vs Polk R150

Bronze Member
Username: Stangjason

Post Number: 30
Which is better?

I bought two R300s for $30 a piece at hhgregg.com but I've seen the R150 on Frys.com for $50. I have 10 days from date of purchase to return the R300s if I don't want them so I'm open minded for taking them back if there is something better for the same or less.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7791
I think Chris Malloy has heaard both.
Chris?

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 1129
Nope, I have the R15, the predecessor to the R150.

The R150 has addressed one of the major complaint of the R15, namely the cabinet resonance, both it & the R300 are now built from 3/4" MDF.

I imagine the improved cabinet & driver configuration (like Mission), as well as moving the port from front to rear significantly improves overall performance.

If I was on a tight budget, or if I was setting up a second system, these Polks would both be on my VERY short list.

Decide: Bookshelf or Tower?

The choice is yours.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
So are these two equals minus one the R150 having a bookshelf casing and the R300 being a tower, right?

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 1130
No, they're not equal, just similar. If you check the specs on those two models, you will find that the R300 employs a larger 6.5" driver.

Did you see that in your research?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
No I saw the R150 had a 6.5" cabinet and mistook it as having a 6.5" speaker. I've not been able to put my attention into research as I would like.

On the otherhand I have not intentions now of taking the R300s back to get a set of R150s especially after putting some blues on last night! But now I'm contemplating whether I want another set of R300s for the rear or just maybe step up in the Polk line (I'll have to do some research on that also) for the fronts if my budget will allow it (overview: newly wed trying to kill debt bug).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us