SANSUI AU919!!!

Username: Nikic021

Post Number: 1
HI! I am new owner of SANSUI AU919. Amplifier sounds great, but I find that the output and driver transistors are not the same at both channel.I cant hear the difference, but I want to replace parts to original.Does anybody have service manual and how can I find original parts? THANKS!!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7789
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33077

I like the look and the numbers, recapping the thing would lower the slew rate, the attack looks pretty good.
All of which is on paper, and the oonly paper that matters is formed into a woofer.

Hit the web and look for a Sansui board, check there for the options, if you recap at the same time.
Sansui owners tend to be a rabid tight group.
That is meant in the best possible terms.

Username: Nikic021

Post Number: 2
THANKS!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10753

" ... recapping the thing would lower the slew rate ... "

?

" ... the attack looks pretty good."

?

There may not be "original parts" available for the Sansui. Many transistors have been discountinued over the years. All transistors have acceptable substitues that will provide similar service to the O.E.M. parts. That's very likely what has been placed in your amplifier during a service repair. Tech's do not stock every transistor made, instead keeping an assortment of parts that will work in multiple cases. As long as what is in the amp is an acceptable sub, you should do nothing. If you can detect no difference in the transistor's performance, changing transistors to match the original parts, if they are available, is rather foolhardy. This isn't a '62 Corvette where matching numbers count for something. There are far more important issues to deal with, where you can spend far more money and get back far more benefit, than swapping output transistors. Besides, turning this amp over to someone unfamiliar with the product could result in less performance rather than more.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us