Connecting a tv to an intergraded

Username: 2string

Post Number: 7
I just purchased a vintage Mac MA 6100 and it works great with a cd player hooked up but when I connected the tv, it hums very loud. I hooked back up my other new intergraded and the tv works great . Help please

Post Number: 8
There is absolutely no sound from the tv like dialog just alot of big hum like a short.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2238
Have you tried using the same input and interconnect as the CD player? If that also just hums then the fault is either with the interconnect or the TV output. If there's no problem using the same input as the CD player uses, then the chances are that the problem lies with the McIntosh.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 9
Yes i have tried different interconnects and inputs and still only the tv hums like a dead short with the mac. The tuner and cd player works good.With the same cables and inputs the Pathos Logos intergraded has no hum and the tv sounds great.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2239
You say it hums like a dead short. Does this mean you get no sound from the TV at all? i.e. if the TV is switched on and tuned into a program, do you get the sound of the program with the hum underneath or just the hum?

If you get the program sound with the hum underneath, this could be an earthing issue.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 10
There is absolutely no sound from the tv like dialog just alot of big hum like a short.It is not a ground loop sound, this is what baffles me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Well i have Audio Classics working on this problem. I sure hope they can fix this problem because i really like this amp.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2242
Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us