Used table

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7656
A guy I worked with last week said he has about 100 albums, the table is dead.
He is a 39 yr old guy who listens to classic rock. His buddy came over and picked out about 10 for himself, half of the others are still in wrap.
The man says, free to you, it WILL be a case of beer.

Problem arises, I do not own a TT.

I gotta think used, guys, wedding coming up, but I got a bug.

The P3(old) does not offer a EPS without opening the cover. I am not opposed to the idea, the DIY is available.

I mentioned the P5 with Dynavector 10x5 and he almost fainted and fell on me (already there)for the price.

Ain't goin there guys, cause a 20k TT ain't in my future. The headroom is for a lawyer, LOL.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10640

EPS? If you don't want to use that, try FedEx.

What's the question, Nuck?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7661
External Power Supply, sorry for the contraction.
I want to find a good(enough) table in Nuck bucks, the Classe is reputed to have a reasonable phono stage in the preamp.

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1930
How many Nuck Bucks? A Loonie? A Toonie?

In all seriousness, how much are you looking at spending?

I wouldn't look any lower than the entry level Rega and Pro-Jects if you're buying new. The P1 and Debut 3 come with the same stock cartridge I believe.

Just keep one thing in mind - once you have a TT, what are the chances that you're not going to think upgrade?

Buy a cheap one now and replace it relatively quickly, or buy a better one that you'll keep for a bit longer? That is the question.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10642

Where are you going to place a turntable? How much time are you going to devote to set up and maintenance? Do you require a suspended deck or do you have a location chosen for placement that will allow a non-suspended table to perform well? If you don't have a place where a non-suspended table can be totally free of mechanical and air-borne feedback, you can eliminate a large portion of the tables available. Do not assume you can just plop any table down and expect decent results. Where you gonna put it, eh? Who's gonna do the set up?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7665
I could construct a suspended stand for the likes of a Rega P3 w/10X5.
If I got something much cheaper, it would go on top of a stand with the rest of the kit.

I could reach 1500C$.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 459
Local shop had a Sota Sapphire on consignment I could check into for you. Let me know.

I know it has upgraded tone arm, cartridge, and perhaps some other. I looked at it last year at a different shop so I don't remember everything about it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7671
That has a lot of appeal, Mike, and thanks.
The shipping nightmare and border costs make it better to shop here.
I havn't shopped Canuckaudiomart yet, my dealer has nothing at the moment, and his regular tables are, uhh, well, you know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us