Help fixing / replacing my cartidge or stylus

Username: Berkleebassist

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 1
Hey there, so I stumbled across this forum in my search for help with my turntable, and what a joy finding a place like this is. Anyway, here's my dilemma. While entertaining some company the other evening, my stylus was damaged by some carelessness, and needs to be replaced. I've got a Pro-Ject Debut II fitted with it's original Ortofon OM 5E (which sounds great to my relatively inexperienced ears.) I have some small means available to me to replace the cartridge, but honestly, I've enjoyed the sound my table gets. 'Course, if any of you can recommend another cartridge over that Ortofon without any misgivings, please do!

But my real issue is how I would go about replacing just the stylus. I found the replacement stylus itself online without issue, but has anyone had experience replacing the stylus on an Ortofon (or specifically the OM 5E?) Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10618

The old stylus assembly pulls straight out and the new slides into place in reverse order. Once you order the new stylus you will see where to hold the old stylus as you pull it free from the cartridge body.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us