Sonus Faber Concertino Domus (bookshelf speaker)

Bronze Member
Username: Starbucks

Post Number: 15
Friends,
Recently came accross this Sonus Faber Concertino Domus, which is a bookshelf speaker.

Anyone has audit this pair of speaker? Can share the experience? The pros and cons.

Is this pair of speaker worth the money spend?

By the way, what is the good price that can get for this pair of speaker?

Thanks.

Username: Albertaguy7

Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 6
Here's some reviews for you along with some prices as well.
I have never seen or heard them so I have no idea. Hope this helps...

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/sonus-faber/PRD_1 25559_1594crx.aspx

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1917
Have you heard it?

Its a very good speaker to my ears. I've heard it with a few different amps and sources, namely McIntosh. I've been amazed every time they were paired up with suitable equipment.

Some pros - They image and soundstage very well, are very cohesive and organic, and are very accurate tonally. Built very well.

Some cons - Most likely need a subwoofer, and a very good one at that. Need good stands. Need good electronics - amplification and source. Possibly a little difficult to drive, but I'm not sure.

Those cons aren't exactly cons when you really think about it.

They're expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for IMO.

Are they worth the money? Everyone has different priorities.

IMO, the MSRP is definitely a good price. I have no idea what they go for on the used market.

Bronze Member
Username: Starbucks

Post Number: 19
Thanks so much for the info.

Anyway have experience pairing this speakers with NAD C370 integrated amp and C542 CDP ?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1922
I haven't heard them at the end of that set up. I'd imagine the 370 has more than enough power to drive them.

Keep in mind that the Sonus Fabers will reveal just about any and short comings. Not that they're brutally unforgiving, but they don't smooth everything over either.

Judging for what I know of both even though I haven't heard them together, it shouldn't be a bad combination. Not that NAD is bad at all (I used to own them for about 10-15 years), but the Sonus Fabers are on another level. You'd need better electronics to realize their true potential.

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 279
start thinking pacific creek, Belles, McIntosh etc for sonus faber.

i remember my friends father had Cremonas setup in his house and it was a fatastic experience. Id love to test them against vandersteens now though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us