NAD 372 or NAD C162/272

Username: Pradeep

Post Number: 1
Hello Friends,
I am new to this forum and I need some help. Currently I have a NAD 352 connected with Monitor Audio RS6 speakers. The sound is really good. But I am looking for a little more punch in the music with better bass and midrange performance.
I am considering C372 or C162/272 combo for the amplifiers. For the speakers I have narrowed down between three models on the same $1500 price range. Monitor Audio Silver RS8s or Monitor Audio Gold GR20's ( I am getting this for the same price as the RS8s, as the GR20 is replaced by the new GS20 model) or an equivalent in PSB (~$1500). Can you guys give me an idea which ones I can choose for the amps and the speakers. I listen to all types of music, so I would look for a good overall performer.
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 17
hi pradeep

C 172 and 272 make a great combination and also they are better then C372. And for the speakers i will recommend to try the PSB , which i think will work well with NADs , the Monitor Audio is also a great speakers , listen before buying
happy listening

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 126
PSB and NAD are a good combination in my opinion. It depends on your own tastes, of course. I've run PSB Alpha's through a NAD C-272 and it sounded quite good.

Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 3
I agree with Mark and David, the C272 combo will be better. As far as speakers go, PSB speakers are always going to be a good combo with a NAD product because of course PSB is owned by NAD. However I feel you should also try to audition the Paradigm Studio 40's or Studio 60's with the NAD combo. Very nice sounding as well and roughly the same price point. If it were me deciding between the PSB's and Monitor Audio's, I would pick Monitor Audio any day. Just My Opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 432
Nuck, did you hear what Nick just said. Maybe you should swap out the footprinst for the MAs8i with the PSB.....LOL

Canada

Post Number: 7
What??? I think im missing something here. Not sure what you mean by your last post Michael.

Canada

Post Number: 10
I meant in the 1500 dollar range which I believe Pradeep is looking in. I see Nuck has the Stratus Silvers which a sweet speaker. In my opinion if I walked into a audio store with 1500 dollars in my hand looking for some speakers, at that price range, I would lean more towards the MOnitor Audio speakers then the PSB. But again, just my opinion. I believe the Stratus line use to be more than 1500?? I could be wrong though.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7588
The Silver are overpriced and underequipped, IMO.

They do produce under heavy power, the lighter stuff is the hard part.
I blew a XO a while back(distortion) so rebuilt both. The tweeter ceramic 10w resistor baked.

I have silk domes tweets from the 800 series, and IMO these are superior.

I have driven these things to the stops over and over, (with Classe system) and they do not die.Note this is for testing of system only!

That does not make them good, but the MA's showed distess under power.

I do not always listen like the other posters here, I twist the know with...acularity.

That said, I didn't get everything that the MA's had to offer, with a limited test. Very limited.
The dispersion of these speaks was impressive, the ability to present a stage very good, and bass delivery limited to the positioning that I did once.

Under the duress of Scotch.
And yes, I did the dishes first.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 12
Sweet. I would love to get into rebuilding speakers or building speakers as a side hobby one day. Being fairly new in the audio/home theater world I need a bit more experience. I found a site www.partsexpress.com that has full speaker kits. Cheap ones for people starting out like myself. I think I may order one. Cheers.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7596
Good for you, Nick.
We all have partsexpress on link, just check here.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 14
Cool, I figured you guys would have.lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us