Denon Receiver AVR-1507 no sound problem

Username: Ruchirk

Post Number: 1
I Have a Denon AVR-1507 receiver, it worked great so far, but recently i came across a problem while listening to music over it. It suddenly stopped giving out sound to any of the speakers and I could hear relay switching sound (the clicking kind of sound that comes while starting and after initializing). I immidiately switched it off and after waiting for a while started it again but no luck. The receiver initializes like normal on start but gives out no sound.
one observation is I no longer can enter into speaker setup and on pressing speaker 'A-B' buttons i get message - "H/P ONLY". which i guess it terms it for Headphones. but i have not plugged in headphones(now and in fact never so far).
Has anybody ever come acros such problem with your receiver? any suggestions on solving the problem?
Please help me.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2195
Ruchir,

The speaker selection buttons are switched on right?

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Ruchirk

Post Number: 2
Frank,
Thanks for the reply.Yes the speaker select buttons were switched on when I checked it.

My problem got solved. I guess the problem was with one of the relays not getting activated causing reciever to think its in the Headphones playing mode. I yesterday used vacuum cleaner to blow air gently through the vents, which did the trick.
I am in Bombay, India and with rain season has just started making the atmosphere very humid. I also had not used receiver for the 5-6 days, this combined could have caused this thing.
But everything is alright now and I am back to enjoying the fantastic music that Denon has to offer. It simply rocks.
Thanks again for replying

Ruchir
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us