Cerwin Vega V-500 vs. Bose Acoustimass 10 speakers

Username: Sterlingva

Post Number: 1
I am trying to decide whether to go with the Cerwin Vega or Bose home theater speakers? Anybody have any suggestions or experience with either.

Also, if there are any other systems that are better than these for $500-$700 let me know.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Divin11112000

Michigan

Post Number: 129
I doubt you will find many bose supporters on this website.

However it is your money, you need to listen to the speakers and decide if you like them afterall your the one who has to live with them.

I wouldn't narrow it to those two brands, check out http://www.orbaudio.com/ I've heard that they are good speakers and small sat's like what your looking for

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 702
I have heard the orb speakers, and think they are a super speaker for the size. They are clean, clear, and have a nice sounding midrange. For what it may be worth, I would own a pair myself if I needed such a speaker. The included subwoofer is good quality as well for a HTIB IMHO.

The Bose is a step up from the CV, but without careful placement, you will hear a hole in the midrange. The Acoustimass module has to be placed close to the mains to prevent this from happening.

The Bose aren't outright terrible speakers (KLH and Sony), but the orb are much better, and you will likely be proud of your purchase for the sound quality instead of the name recognition.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us