Quad 22L Vs Energy C9 Vs Klipsch RF 35

Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 6
Hi

I am planning to buy any one of the speakers i have mentioned , my amp is NAD 272 power and 162 pre . Thanks in Advance

regards
david

Bronze Member
Username: Develara

Post Number: 21
please advice which is speaker is better .........

Bronze Member
Username: Develara

Post Number: 22
so...........

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 627
What are you expecting people to say? All of the companies make a solid product. Have you listened to any of the above speakers? If so, I would expect you could make the decision easily enough.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 700
please advice which is speaker is better .........

a statement like that will almost always get you a speaker that is the personal preference of the person recommending it, unless it is a comparison between KLH and Wilson Audio, or other rediculous extremes like that.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 701
for starters, what type(s) of music do you listen to?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i listen mostly to classical , pop and slow rock ,

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 865
quad 22L's r nice. my dad has those speaks and he listens to slow rock, jazz and a lot of bass guitar solos. i cant speak on the others obviously but th quads r nice

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4959
Mark, did you buy your speakers yet?

If not, let me say that imo there is no competition between those speakers the Quads are better by a very wide margin. The Quads are the kind of speaker you can settle in for long listening sessions with and come away without fatigue...great all 'rounders as well. They are very good with all types of music.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Art,
since i dont have a dealer here in my place who has all these speakers , i have to go by the words you people tell, i have listened to Klipsch RF35 but the sound was very forward , i had no chance listening to Quad , but read some good reviews about these speakers. And regarding Energy i have to listen to them , I think i will go by Art's word and by the way do you think going for multi brand speakers for a home theatre will spoil the show? i have surround from Evo wharfedale , centre from B&W and looking for a sub. thanks
mark.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5002
"do you think going for multi brand speakers for a home theatre will spoil the show?"

Yes. For the short term it may acceptable but long term I couldn't live with it. Then again that may be why I watch movies in 2.1.

Listening to information pan across the front speakers and change sound characteristics as it goes is less than ideal, so it's not a good long term solution.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us