Speaker brand recomendation

Bronze Member
Username: Dvak

Post Number: 29
i like to know which type of speakers will be a good match for my onkyo amp. main use for HT and music. my amp is the about 100watts per channel. my buget is about 2000 dollars. thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
the onkyo amp is warm and thin sounding. like to know which types of speakers with complement this amp. thankyou

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10485

Warm and thin? That hardly goes together. So, it sucks at both frequency ends? Rolled off on top and no bass? Why'd you buy that?

What kind of speakers do you have now and what are you considering?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
i have the bose 901 but i like a speaker system that can match well with my amp. im not sure if i correctly described the onkyo but i read it some where over the web. i like to use this system for movies mainly and some for music. thanks Jan

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10488

Forget what you read. What you hear is important. You don't think the 901's match your amplifier? Why not?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i need speakers that will dont have the eq. so that i can use the dts and dolby digital via coxial. these two decoders can be used through the digital cable. thats the problem. the bose is ok for classical music. i have connected the bose and the onkyo with the escosse cs 2.3. dont like the sound it sounds a little harsh. i was thinking about trying QED from some store. i will use the bose for music and need a 5.1 system that will mainly be used for HT and for dvd concerts. i like to enjoy a system that does not give me a headache while watching movies. thankyou

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10489

Try the QED. What have you got to loose? Does the shop allow an audition period where you can return merchandise without penalty?

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 484
I would reccomend QED cable, Silver Anniversary XT-excellent for bringing out fine detail and gives the system a bit of attack.

Be careful it can sound slightly bright at first but of course this depends on other system components and you get used to it/it settles down.

Detail, speed, imaging, amazing treble and generally superb. Get it!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
any 5.1 speaker choice for my onkyo. thanks for the earlier response.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
how is the nht and and the onkyo combination. i have heard it with NAD sounds good. since i have have the Onkyo av amp will it sound good. thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
onkyo amp need speakers any suggestiions thankyou

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4929
With the information you've given us I would say buy anything you can afford...good luck!

BTW NHT needs serious current, the Onkyo don't have it...look elsewhere.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
thanks for nothing

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 177
Hey. First off I actually used to like those Bose 901s a long time ago in a land far away for 2 channel music. If you have some extra change, Naim makes a great new 5 channel package that I auditioned at CES in January. Made a lot of other 5 channel set ups sound bad. I believe the speakers are all 6 ohms, but your Onkyo might drive them. I wouldnt take the sub that came with it though. Too much money for too little performance.

I also like highland audios 5 channel speaker set ups. They have a Canadien distributor but none in the US. Again, I wouldnt get a sub from them however.

Lastly, I still think AScend makes a nice 5 channel package for the money, though others here have described them as dull and lifeless. The Onkyo will definetly drive them

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4932
You get what you give dvak.

Username: Rui_manuel

Post Number: 1
Hi!
I'm thinking to buy new speakers to my system: Nad 352 + Cambridge Audio Azur 640C (v2).
KEF iQ7 is the right ones? Can anybody help me with some advices.
Thanks everyone for the great posts i read in this forum

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

UK

Post Number: 383
You should start a new thread Rui but Kef speakers do gel well with NAD amplification. So do a whole host of others though so I'd recommend you do some auditioning! I used to have the older KEF Q7 a few moons ago and they worked well with my old NAD C160/C270.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1913
bryston integrated amp need speakers any suggestions thank you

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 690
Bose 901 work extremely well with bryston. I give A++++++.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
To mr Art. what other infomation do u need from me to get ur knowledgable recommendation.

Username: Anynigma

Greenville, South Carolina

Post Number: 4
I have a Onkyo stereo amp that I love. I have some crappy speakers w/ big cones and JBL E-50's that have really clear highs and mids. I don't know if JBL is worth the price, but I'm pretty happy with what I have. The north-ridge series has center's towers, and satellites, and they are decently cheap, but I know there are better speakers out there and I'm not sure if there are better to be had for the same price. Head out to a tweeter or finer audio store and listen to stuff on a similar amp. Check out the JBL's see what you think.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7635
Stu, the mounted Dynaudio 140's are calling you.
Do not even consider the 220's. I had them for a month.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us