Emotiva BPA-1 thoughts

Username: Arielatom

ON Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi, this seems to be a very well informed forum, so hopefully you can help me.

I am new to hifi, and will be getting a new stereo system for around $1100. I will provide details in another thread.

Anyways, I will be getting either Paradigm Atom monitors or mini monitors, and am looking for an amp to power them.

Does anyone have experience with the [url=http://www.emotiva.com/bpa1.html]BPA-1[/url] (why doesn't this work?) amp? It was recommended to me in another forum, and it seems like a great, powerful, flexible piece of equipment. The only thing is, I can't find any reviews on it to find out how it sounds.

Would you recommend any other amps instead? Pretty much the only other amp I have seem in its price range is the Firestone Big Joe, which could work as it will be applied in the nearfield.

What do you think?

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 105
I'm curious about those as well. I was thinking about buying a pair and running them bridged to power my surrounds. Hopefully someone here has some experience or input. I contacted Emotiva with a list of questions about this amp and they responded to me within the hour.

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 122
Thats something i can agree with when it comes to them. they respond very promptly I too was looking at the that amp. Unlike musichall still waiting to get info from them.........

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7392
I think it is just Emotive now, since the split from AV123 last year.
I don't know anybody who has tried the stuff yet.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 106
I'm feeling the need to order a couple of these. Must.. resist...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7404
hehehe The canuck buck is waaay up there in value, Dave.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 108
For $189 bucks a pop you really can't go wrong. Plus Emotiva are picking up the shipping tab on the US side of things. All I have to worry about is the customs duties and shipping in Canada. And the WAF, of course. This is the most daunting portion of any home audio purchase.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7423
So give one a spin?

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 112
Why just one? ;-)

Bronze Member
Username: Rushwj

Knoxville, TN USA

Post Number: 54
i've got one (driving a pair of onix xls speakers) and enjoy it quite well. thinking about picking up a few more (they're running a special on them this month). very clean, enjoyable sound.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7490
The 123 synergy does not go away.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 119
Good to hear your positive feedback on them William. Makes ordering a couple even more tempting...

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 126
189??? If you check the site they are on special better yet if you buy 2 of them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us