SUGDEN A 28 II

Username: Stodz

Post Number: 6
hi all.
i have a chance to pick up one of these amps ,however i cant find alot of info on it .has anyone had any experience with this model sugden? any help/opinion would be great

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4676
They have an outstanding reputation as a classic amp. There is an article in June2007 HiFi News about Sugden amps, by Jim leSurf.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10410

Sugden are indeed classic amplifiers in every sense of the word. They run strictly class A operation which means they are low powered and run quite hot. They are music lover's, mostly classical and jazz, amplifiers. I doubt they are what a rocker would choose and certainly not a head banger. They prefer efficient, simple loads when driving a speaker and will satisfy most when the speakers share the amplifier's goals of reproduction. They are rather sparse in both inputs and controls. I would classify Sugden as an afficianados's amplifier. Do you consider yourself to be an afficianado?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7264
The Sugden I heard was a A21, with Audio Note ANJ speakers, and was outstanding.

Dallas, if you pursue the Sugden, I suggest looking into Audio Note speakers, ANj or ANk with or without the silver internal wiring option.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us