Mcintosh mx 120

Username: Shiro

Post Number: 8
Does anyone have the mcintosh mx120? Im close to buying the mx120 with mc 207. I know its not the best to use HDMI through most audio ,but the mcintosh i think will be good .Any comments about that?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7151
Sure, George, ignore the hdmi.
Keep the audio and video functions purely seperate. A unit that handles video is inherently subject to trade-offs in the audio dept.
Walmart sells shoes and toasters. Neither the footwear or the appliance are of a standard of quality that I would strive for, but may have to settle for.
Do you want to settle?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7152
Sorry.
Do you want to settle, or must you settle?
Big difference.

Post Number: 9
I dont want to settle..But my Marantz plasma only has 1 HDMI . I want more HDMI inputs. I also want the best audio in my price range which is 13000

Gold Member

Post Number: 7165
George, if you want the best audio, keep the video on it's own.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7166
13k or 1.3 k?

Post Number: 10

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10366

"I want more HDMI inputs."

Yeesh! Sounds rather petulant there, GR. $13k for more inputs? Ever heard of a switch box?

So, what are the alternatives? What other products have you considered if you don't buy the McIntosh? Why the Mac? What are you coming from now? What have you been using and is this change being made strictly for more HDMI inputs? You do realize in a few years HDMI, as it is currently marketed, will be as obsolete as S-video or progressive inputs are right now; don't you? That's how this industry works. You'd be better off buying a new TV every few years.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7168
George, if you dropped 13k on gear with the advice of online forums, I would drive there and slap you myself.Or bring my wife.

How would you rate your relationship with your dealer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us