Brutal sound with detail?

Username: Rumour

Post Number: 1
Hi. The first thing: I do not speak English, I am sorry about the mistakes.

I am writing in forums searching for bookshelf speakers with front port reflex. I hear Metal, Thrash, Hardcore, Industrial...I want speakers with body, totally "in your face" sound but with some detail too. What speakers could I try? I only had heard Dynaudio Audience 52SE, Epos M12.2, Quad 12L...They're very detailed and neutral but I need punch at the same time. I'm tired of the thin sound. This time I want punch. Thank you very much.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 503
Klipsch Reference sounds like it may be up your alley.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6938
Brutal sound...with detail.
I am not so sure that I want detailed brutality, but CV's(again) can be brutal.
With sub-par amplification, they can be(pick a word beyond brutal).
Savage?
Cro-Magnan?

With good amps, they can have a little detail, in a large room, at higher volumes.

Klipch La Scala, however inconvenient, are more effective, and can be 'brutal'.

In a scub your clothing against a rock kind of way, as opposed to wearing the still warm skin from a kill.

I need a beer.

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 163
My vote goes to Cerwin Vega.

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Oakland Park, Florida USA

Post Number: 485
I say Klipsch also.

Bronze Member
Username: Nout

Post Number: 92
They're very detailed and neutral but I need punch at the same time. I'm tired of the thin sound.

Sounds to me you're looking for some speakers with bigger bass as well
The speakers you mentioned are dependent of good electronics, in fact the Dynaudios and especially the Epos can be rich and brutal at the same time, so I wonder what amp you used when auditioning them.

I'm not sure the Klipsch speakers will sound less "thin", but they definitely will be the most "forward" sounding.

I cannot come up with a pair of speakers that are both more upfront and less thin than the speakers you already have auditioned.
Maybe a pair of Dalis?
The Ikon serie is rich in its middrange (colored perhaps) and pretty forward in the highs.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2080
Hmmm - not sure about what's being asked for here. Adam says he doesn't want a thin sound, but Dynaudio 52SEs are not thin. He wants punch, by which I take it to mean slam and attack.

I am also a bit concerned about the accompanying electronics. What are you driving the speakers with? This has a big effect on slam.

Not sure what you have in your area Adam, but a pair of Naim Arivas will give you slam and attack as well as scale. In fact any Naim speaker will do this, except perhaps the n-Sat which has less bass.

Also, Focal's new 800V series might be up your street.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 113
Frank quick question what kinda bass response do you get outta those 800v's focals??? just wondering

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2084
Depends which model but they all sound big...

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 114
the bookshelves 806v in particular for the price of the 807's i'd prob get the eras first
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us