NAD-C352 Which speakers to use?

Username: Cerwinhappy

Post Number: 4
I currently have an NAD-C352 running with an NAD-T514 Dvd/Cd player, Rega Turntable with moving coil needle and a Linn Pre-Amp. I enjoy the sound quite a bit, but the speakers I am using are not mine, and they do not make them anymore. I need to give them back in a few months so I was just wondering what speakers would give me an excellent sound with the Amp. And the Current Speakers are Cerwin Vega UT12R's, HED Design.
I would prefer another set of loudspeakers if there are any good brands out there that the C352 could run. I listen to.
Iced Earth (Heavy Metal)
Genesis
Kate Bush
The Stranglers
Mozart
Alot of Baroque
Pink Floyd
And many others, but my main listening at the moment seems to be more centered towards symphonic metal. ex. Nightwish, Within Temptation etc.

So if there any loudspeakers that could accomplish a dynamic range of sound with quality and still be loudspeakers, I would certainly take any suggestions. Thank you very much for your time.

Chris

Bronze Member
Username: Jmsoave

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 51
Chris, what is your budget? How big is the room?

Silver Member
Username: Uback007

Columbus , Ohio USA

Post Number: 257
I would try Klipsch -they sound good loud and don't cost too much.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6877
Christopher, changing speaker from CV's to anything else will be like night and day.
Why do you want to change(we already know why), what are you looking for?

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

KLMalaysia

Post Number: 181
Here are some:

PSB Image Series(B25, T45)
Paradigm Studio V3 or V4
Monitor Audio B2
Focal JMlab Chorus 706S or the new 700 V series

Bronze Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 99
b&w 600 or CM series, but a bit on the expensive line... try klipsch/infinity/defent tech or paradigm, good to for that heavy metal u listen to and for the price as well....

Bronze Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 49
I have a set of Klipsch Synergy F2's hooked up to an NAD 272 and they sound pretty sweet. Really crisp high end and tight, punchy bottom end. Listening to them for the first time I could hear cymbal and high-hat nuances on one of my favourite CDs I had never really heard before.

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

KLMalaysia

Post Number: 183
I had good result with NAD C352 with Dynaudio audience 52 though some might say that the C352's will not do justice to the Dyns, but after hooking them up together, I was quite surprised to hear the 352 doing a fine job driving the dyn 52s....

Post Number: 5
I just first off wanted to thank everyone for you help, this is really giving me a good aspect for speakers to purchase. And for Nuck, I'm looking for a good quality 'powerful' sound, I don't know if I'm using the right words but that is what comes to mind first.

Chris

Post Number: 6
And also for Nuck, are the CV's so bad that it will be like night and day? Or do they have a different sound? I don't know any other people around here with any sort of stereo other than the usual store bought 'sony' system so I am not with alot of experience with different speakers and set-up's.

Chris

Gold Member

Post Number: 6901
Chris, a few Klipch models will deliver like the CV's.
And also for Nuck, are the CV's so bad that it will be like night and day? Or do they have a different sound?

Uhh, different, yeah.
Some of us here have to discount the CV and some Klipch out of hand, having moved up the sound chain.

I have heard, and liked some CV's in the right room. The right room usually involved beer and semi-clad women, to be honest.
They fill a big space with big sound, and will continue to be dismissed by most of us here for the very reason for their existance.
Loud and louder.

That, my friend is not always a bad thing, depending on the $, your expectations and the possibility of the speakers being run into, over or into the ground.

The CV's have metal screens over the woofers for a frat house reason.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1773
Cerwin Vega -
The Official Loudspeaker of the Canadian Ballet

Post Number: 7
Ahhhh, I see, well thank you very much. And I guess this is a good thing that I have asked for your advice on this subject, because I don't really need super loud sound for the inside of my house, I need more quality, than quantity. I especially enjoyed that last comment, Stu.

Chris

Gold Member

Post Number: 6906
I thought I conveyed the brass-pole-ballet rather tastefully.

Let's welcome...Chrystal!!

Post Number: 8
Nice....

Gold Member

Post Number: 6919
Honest, at least.

Post Number: 9
It's good to know these things, expanding an audio system is not something that you can just walk in and say "Oh, this looks shiny I'll take it!" So honesty, always the best policy, especially from Chrystal!

Bronze Member
Username: Carlos_m

Post Number: 63
Hi Christopher, Epos M5 does a great match with Nad 352. Give a try on it.

Regards

Carlos
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us