Edster's current audio adventures...

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4626
...whelp, just thought I'd say hi to the boys back at the fort and share a little of my current audio life these days.

I have become quite a headphones guy---got a pair of Grado SR80s and absolutely love them! I now realize that the "$100 headphones = $2000 speakers" cliche does hold a lot of water.

I no longer rave about the Panny xr55 so much since I've sold mine, but nowadays I do rave about another El Cheapo Giant Killer product of Panny's:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SL-SX480A-Portable-Player-Blue/dp/B000EO55TI

Yep, a digitally-amped portable CD player! For a lousy $30 at Wallyworld no less. Bought a Chu Moy headphone amp for it but it actually degraded the sound, so that baby's going back.

Have been tempted to get another refurbed Marantz cc4300 CDP since it has its own headphone plug with volume control, but it's kind of big and I'd prefer a single-disk player. Marantz now has a CD5001 which has a built-in headphone amp, but at around $300 don't know if it's really worth 10x the price of the little portable. Will wait around until the price goes down.

I do still have a pair of Polk Monitor 30s which I've hooked up to my Logitech Z-2200 2.1 computer speakers in place of the OEM sats, and at moderate levels it's not too bad. Just had to turn it upside down...can't figure out why they put the tweeter below the mid-woof, they sounded like crap that way.

Have been tempted to get a Super T-Amp to run them but then I'd lose the sub which isn't too bad when it's turned down to maybe 1/2 volume relative to the speakers.

My car was broken into a few months back, they made off with my classical/jazz CD collection so have been busily replacing it...kind of fun actually. The Eclipse amp that I bought as a replacement definitely slaughters the old Precision Power one I had...good rec from a car audio forum ages ago.

Kept my XM subscription surprisingly, since they offered me a whole year at 1/2 price if I paid up front when I called them to cancel it originally. Not bad for $7/month even though I don't drive more than maybe 200 miles a month these days...

All in all I'm enjoying the simple life, though I still can't bring myself to let go of these last few toys just yet!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4532
Good to see you Eddie...

"I no longer rave about the Panny xr55 so much since I've sold mine, but nowadays I do rave about another El Cheapo Giant Killer product of Panny's:"

Now here is an area of agreement for us. I've always liked the Panasonic portables. They are the only ones I would buy for my family. Viva the "little" Panny.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 481
That sucks about your car man

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6695
Good to see you Eddie.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1702
Welcome back Eduardo.

If you're looking for a good portable headphone amp, you may want to look into the RSA Tomahawk. It runs about $300 though. Its been well worth it for me because of all the traveling I do.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1551
Good,to see you Eddie,missed you on here!

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 932
Glad to you back Eddie, it's been a bit dead around hear since you been on hiatus.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 933
see, that is.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4256
Which Eclipse amp do you own ED ?

I use to have a Eclipse CD8454 HU and it was a fantastic HU for SQ.

I now have a JL 500/1 mono amp for my 12w6v2 sealed and plan to get a 4 channel amp next. I like the older Eclipse amps better which is probably what you were recommended by glasswolf or someone.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4627
thanks for the welcomes guys, I think I will be putting my audio exploration on hold for the next few years, I think I've hit a pretty comfortable level of contentment with my humble Grado/Panasonic and Polk/Logitech jerry-rigs for the foreseeable future.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4628
Nuck: you asked if I was after serenity or sanity, in my lifestyle-change decision. I'd say the two are pretty much the same thing, at least for me.

Instead of "serenity" though I'd say "balance" and "integration" instead. Don't think "serenity" can truly be maintained all the time unless you truly give up ALL worldly pleasures and lock yourself in some remote monastery for the rest of your life. Personally I'm still not willing to give up wine, meat, and especially, women. As Saint Augustine famously said, "Lord, give me chastity---but not yet!"

Gold Member

Post Number: 4629
MO: it's an EA2000. I decided not to replace the sub since my listening is now 90% jazz, but there are times when I do miss that comfortingly deep fill-in low bass even though the Eclipse amp does get more bass out of my speakers than the PPI amp did. Still, since I now drive so little, I'd have a hard time justifying the extra cost of another 2 channels plus the sub and box.

Silver Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 191
Hi Edster,

Nice to hear of your recent audio exploration. I went with the Eclipse SW8200 driver for my sub. I'm pretty happy with it.

If you are still tempted by the Super-T, check out the recent digital integrated article at James' Stereo Mojo:
http://www.stereomojo.com/SHOOTOUT2007INTEGRATEDS.htm
The Trends is a worthy consideration over the Super-T, IMO, but both run out of juice quick.

There is also a D-power amp comparison:
http://www.stereomojo.com/AmpSHOOTOUTPowerAmps.htm
I can tell you the Cary CAA ($1500) is one nice D-Amp, very balance from top to bottom, no mid weaknesses like our Panasonic.

Silver Member
Username: Eld

Texas

Post Number: 192
Edster,

Check out this website for creating a "magic box" for connecting a powered sub to a T-amp.
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=38384.0

Silver Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 127
Edster, ran into one of your old acquaintances who asked that I convey gratitude for your recommendation of the Marantz SR 8400 from UBid. He otherwise thinks this forum basically sucks. After dealing with Jan Vign, I'm beginning to agree with him.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4630
Elderion,

thanks for the links...interesting! Just wish I had the time or money for any of that stuff these days, lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4631
Jim,

I think I can guess who that person was.

However to be fair, I would say that Jan and I probably have an equal number of detractors around here.

Overall my opinion of this forum hasn't changed: it can sometimes be very useful, sometimes very frivolous yet perversely amusing, and should be supplemented with reading of other audio forums if you want to get a more complete picture...AVS Forums being a particularly helpful resource.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
Amen to that. There is one siginificant difference between you and Vign: you know more than you claim and he knows less. Also, you don't claim to know everything and profess to be perfect. Both qualities of Vign. Add it all up: you're much more credible. Take care.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2304
I see a trend developing.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 6748
Jim Bob, you are a small joke.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 934
Jan doesn't need me to defend him, but I'm of the position Jan DOES know everything, or damn-near close to everything about this business, so his voice is an important, maybe the most important, in this forum.

If he rubs you the wrong way, well that's too bad. If you disregard his post, consider it your loss.

...He's also a hell of a typist.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1329
I agree with CM. I don't always get along with JV, but he is the most knowlegable contributor on this forum. He does have his ways and can come across as arrogant at times, however this is a common reaction when relating with someone who knows their stuff. Jim Bob - you like many of us here, could do well to learn from him.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
Boys, I don't worship at the alter of Jan like you do. You remind me of the Jim Jones followers who could not think for themselves. Anyone who maintains Jan knows everything is suffering from major delusions. What happened to independent thought in this forum? Like lambs to the slaughter...

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1331
I don't think anyone here has stated they think JV knows everything. However Jim Bob, like your name appears to suggest, you are just another red-neck coming here to lay down insults. Go back to that river in Tennessee and play with your bow and arrow.

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 138
While JV's approach is straight ahead (which I personally don't mind) he does know that of which he speaks. I realize his style might not appeal to some of the more "sensitive" types, especially in a text only forum such as this. But he at least will defend his position ....frequently with lengthy, detailed explainations. You're free to agree with him or not.

JimBob was asked to defend his position. A task he apparently is unable to do. He only responds with 7 year old name calling. JimBob, you look foolish.

When seeking audio advice, I'd rather have JV get in my face with good info than JB spew some junk opinion he cannot defend.

My $.02

Gold Member

Post Number: 6757
Yeah baby!

JV is tired of answering Onkyo receiver questions with studio knowledge, so that's OK.
This is ALSO a source of entertainment from tim to time for a few posters, and that's Ok too.

Vigne has taught me more in a few years of direct answers than a lot of book that, while covering stuff that I should learn, have not delivered the direct answer that I needed (or sometimes did not want to hear).

Yapp away JBJ or Wiley or whatever you are.

Say, can you define intermodal distortion yet, without looking it up?
Do you know yet why receiver specs are useless?

Thought not.

Small joke of a poster.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6758
Gee, thanks for the thread, Eddie.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 935
M.R.

I don't like this guy too much either but I have to call you out on a pet peeve of mine.

You said: "I don't think anyone here has stated they think JV knows everything. However Jim Bob, like your name appears to suggest, you are just another red-neck coming here to lay down insults. Go back to that river in Tennessee and play with your bow and arrow."

If it's OK to call someone, presumably a "white-guy", a "red-neck", what do you call a Chinese-guy, a Hispanic-guy, a black-guy, or a Jewish-guy you don't like?

If I called a minority the equivalent of what you called Jim Bob, I'd be thrown of this board so fast wouldn't believe it.

Please think about what I'm trying to get at.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6764
3 part names, with females sporting male dominated names will always be a classic.

Bobbie Jean, Billie Joe, etc.

White Christians are the last acceptable bastion of ethnic/racial humour to be had.

Insert Archie Bunker line here.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1730
You've gotta love how one idiot comes in here and starts this crap.

Guys, if you like getting worked up, keep doing what you're doing.

If you ignore him, he'll get bored in a few days and go away again, just as he has many times in the past.

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect."
- Edward Gibbon

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1334
Okay, CM, but where I come from the name Billy Bob conjures the red-neck image. If BB got his feelings hurt then I'll lose no sleep and make no apology. I call it how I see it. This polical correctness stuff doesn't gel with me and I take all people how I see 'em. Color, race, religion doesn't come in to my evaluation of people. So don't start your sensitivity sermons with me cause they'll just wash off as meaningless babble.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 936
MR

"Okay, CM, but where I come from the name Billy Bob conjures the red-neck image"

Where I come from the name Tony conjures up the image of Mafioso that drives a Cadillac, but I wouldn't feel comfortable calling him a WAP.

What image does the name LaTisha conjure up? How about Pedro?

"Color, race, religion doesn't come in to my evaluation of people"

Are those quotes compatible?

I don't care what you call this guy, or anyone else. If the shoe fits, so on & so forth. I'm simply trying to shine a light on the double standard as it relates to racial slurs.

It's like Nuck said "White Christians are the last acceptable bastion of ethnic/racial humour to be had."

By calling this guy a red-neck you've exemplified what it means to be politically correct.

I did not intend to put you on the defensive about this MR, I only wanted to illustrate this point.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1335
You're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill CM. I suggest you look at what you're feeding this pet peeve of yours. That's all I'll waste on this silly krap.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1554
Wow,what happened to this thread,Eddies comeback and it gets ruined like this.Carry on Eddie,so where are the Ascends?

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1167
CM, your argument is valid, but you'll never win it. Try again in 10-20 years.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4632
Holy moly! What's the old saw, "the more things change the more they stay the same"? God bless Ecoustics!

It's all right guys, if you want to use this thread for more of the magical Ecoustics drama that's cool with me, I wasn't planning on sticking around too long anyways...sooner or later one of yous is gonna get me back on the audio spendwagon again (well ok, the LOW BUDGET audio spendwagon, hee hee) and then I'll *really* not have even a pot to pi$$ in very very soon.

I mean, Elderion's already gotten me drooling a bit at that Trends Audio TA-10 which got me looking at eBay which got me looking at this little baby:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=audiosource+preamp

Gold Member

Post Number: 4633
TW,

I sold my Ascends along with the rest of my equipment (except for the Polk Monitor 30 surrounds, couldn't find a buyer lol) to a good friend of mine.

I hear you've become a real Ascend-basher lately! Heh, that's ok with me, I still like them but as you know I've never thought they were sacrosanct, just liked their bang for the buck quotient and didn't mind the plain looks. But even back then I soon realized that for pure music listening I might actually prefer Tim's Emmas and the Wharfedale Diamond 8.2s even if those speakers didn't have the same flat frequency response and accuracy...I realize now that probably the best way to tackle audio is similar to the best way to tackle life: don't cling to any dogmas or certainties, be totally open to whatever happens, and love whatever you love without thinking about it too much.

btw is Tim still around?

and weren't you talking about opening up your own shop soon?

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
Ah so. A little dispute and true colors are revealed. If you guys share Jan's opinion that specs, other than dimensions are irrelevant, then listing them one by one would be futile exercise. Go and buy your equipment uninformed. Buy a JVC because it will fit your space and the Marantz or Denon will not.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 484
JBJ: It isn't that dimensions are the only useful piece of information to know. The problem is that the specifications provided by manufacturers for their products are completely insufficient to make any kind of purchase decision. As I stated in the other thread, there are certain measurements that can help sort the wheat from the chaff, and give you an idea of the electrical performance of a receiver, but most people here would agree that listening is still your best bet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
Stephen, Jan stated that other than dimensions, all other specs are "irrelevant". Certainly you don't subscribe to that view. Or do you? Specs are a starting reference point not the only consideration. Or do you just go to the store and buy based on whether the unit will fit your space? I never said that listening wasn't an important factor. You guys need to learn to read with comprehension rather than with Jan's blinders on.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 937
Sorry about that diversion guys.

Tim's still around, but his company is ongoing a transition to a DIY/kit based business. If you want the Emma's, you're going to have to build them yourself.

He might have seen the handwriting on the wall.

AV123 is unleashing an arsenal of new speakers, almost all of which utilize XBL^2 based drivers, and as Tim has stated, it was the use of that motor/driver combo that allowed his Emmas to do what it did so well. Couple that with AV123 impressive choice of finishes, and competitive pricing, and you get one heck of a product line.

Personally, I'm thinking of picking up a pair if of the X-LS SWG ($400) or the unusual X-Pro ($600).

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 486
I prefer unbiased 3rd party measurements myself. Typically I can find information far more useful than what a manufacturer puts on a spec sheet.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 487
And by useful, I mean in depth. Spec sheets typically just scratch the surface. This is why Jan, et al don't really find them useful.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
Well if you qualify the term useful by the words in depth, then logically you could not subscribe to Jan's view that only the dimensions matter.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 567
good to see you again Eddie :-)

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 449
Im just in awe that he came to his senses on the panny!

Fun while it lasted though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6784
Is it fun now?
Having the 7 faces of Eddie and all.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 451
Im just hear to learn Nuck!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1557
Yeah,i was about to open my own shop Eddie,and I still am,we were moving back to California,until a couple weeks ago I found out my wife has to back to Iraq for 15 months,but im still working at it,and plus reviewing has become a real big thing for me now,I get speakers my way all the time.Well Eddie the Ascend crew brought it namely Curtis and David F.,plus I heard them and wasnt very impressed with them,well the 170 classic and SE was alright,but the 340's were mediocre to me,speaking of budgets my cousin bought me a pair of Eltax Monitor III's,I've been wanting a pair for about 4 years since I heard them on a Ming Da tube intergratedamp from a soldier in Cali that brought them back from Germany.My cousin is in England,and he found the only dealer in North America that carries,them just got them 2day,stunning little speaker,actually increadable speaker especially for $275 thats stupid good for that kind of money,they hang head to head with the ACI Sapphire XL's a $1700 monitor,and they are more emotional,the Europeans have it made with all those great speakers over there,im still sitting here stunned!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4634
TW,

your wife's in IRAQ??? Jesus Christ man, that is some rough sh*t! Especially her being a woman...the stories I've read about female American soldiers getting sexually harassed and assaulted by their own (male) fellow soldiers and officers were just horrific. I really wish both her and you lots of luck, if it were up to me I'd pull all our troops the hell out of there ASAP and let the chips fall where they will.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4635
"Im just in awe that he came to his senses on the panny!"

lol well not really, I just sold it because I thought I was moving to a place where I couldn't have a music system. Had I known I probably would've kept it but oh well...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1561
Now,you can try out tubes Eddie,your music listening will go up in ways you would'nt be able to imagine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4636
TW I'd love to try out tubes, but you gotta understand, I'm living on about $200 a month stipend...I kid you not! (Luckily rent and food are paid for, of course.)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1563
Damn,Eddie what happened man?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4637
LOL, it's called "living at a Zen center."

Just decided to simplify my life and follow an old dream of mine, at least for the time being. Got rid of the wife, sold or gave away everything that couldn't fit into my truck, and got the hell out of Dodge! : )

Nah, it's been great. My current love nowadays is running...do about 20-30 miles a week at 7,000 feet altitude on pretty hilly terrain, hoping to do my first marathon next January. Still love music listening though, it's just not something I can sink much money into anymore. (Not that I've ever sunk much money into it, cheapskate that I am...lol)

TW the only thing I really miss is being around an adequate supply of attractive women. Am working on that though, heh.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1564
So,Eddie your not in Houston anymore?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4638
nope, I'm in the NM/AZ region now...love the desert landscape and zero humidity!

Do miss the fresh seafood though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1565
Yeah,I cant wait to get back out west myself,dammit! I have to wait 15 months to go back,this Iraq sh$t is really f4ckin up our life!

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
Tawaun, I am really sorry.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 938
Ed, Is this a temporary situation? Are you working? What drove you to this?

T, I hope your wife comes home safe, and I'm sure the vast majority of our soldiers & offficers aren't the brutes typified by those incidents Ed has read about.

Thank your wife for her service for me.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4565
I know someone in NM living on such a stipend, she runs a hostel....

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 939
...I can use an extra $200 month? Where do I sign-up?

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
Edster, you're an extraordinary fellow. You just go and do while some of us continue to dream. More power to you, my friend.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4566
Don't overstate it JBJ...I'm not here in Oregon by mistake...!

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
Sorry about that. Didn't mean to slight you, Art.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1566
Hey,im feeling better guys the Iraq thing this will be the 2nd time,we talked about this morning were ready,the only bad thing is my duaghter aint gonna be ready,she is very close to her mommy she's about be 4 in june and she was 7months when she left the last time this will make 2 years and 3months out of her 5 years of existence come 2008 that her mom has been gone,this is gonna really be tough on them,thats what im worried about the most,thanks guys for your kind words.You guys are my crew,Eddie im really glad your back,im always here for you.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4569
Sherilyn and I will pray for your family TW...it's gonna be fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4639
Thanks TW, my prayers are with you and your wife.

This is one of the hair-raising articles I read about US female soldiers in Iraq, in the NY Times Magazine:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/18/magazine/18cover.html?ex=1331870400&en=8238082 01240cefd&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Long but worth reading, IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4640
CM,

> Ed, Is this a temporary situation? Are you working? What drove you to this?

well I'm on a one-year renewable commitment until January 2008. Am just seeing how things go, I could see myself staying here for another year or two, or going to a different Zen Center...the one I'm at doesn't have the kind of truly rigorous sitting practice I'm looking for, like during retreats we sit for only 6 hours a day, other places go 10-14 hours a day which I'd love to do.

It's a work-exchange program so yes, I'm working about 30-40 hours a week in exchange for room and board.

What drove me to it? Just basic dissatisfaction with what I was doing, where I was living, who I was living with...and a longtime desire to experience a contemplative lifestyle, at least for a while. In Zen-speak, felt the need to "empty my cup."

Gold Member

Post Number: 4641
JBJ,

thanks, I don't have any regrets thus far. Well, other than the lack of proximity to attractive women LOL, but I knew that going in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
It is refreshing to realize that there are some really decent people out there: Edster, Tawaun, Art-you know who you are. And then there are those other guys. God bless you all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6806
Fill the diapers at yer Momma's teat, be good, be true, love your brother.
Then grow old, love your bother sommore, love life, make peace and then die.

A hallmark moment.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1465
TW, its women (and men) like your wife who I consider our heroes. I am truly sorry that you and the kids are not spending precious time together, but I know that me and my family can sleep safe in the greatest country on earth while there are those brave few who defend our nation. I do not want this thread to turn political but I did want to share my opinion. Thanks to you and your family.

Hi Ed

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 352
TW,

I read JC's post and I agree. W/O being political, republican as I may be, little is ever covered regarding the personal commitment this requires.

Bless your wife, you, your family and thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6815
Support the troops if not the war.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 940
...If only this was a war and not the friggin' circle-jerk it's devolved into.

"And here comes in the question whether it is better to be loved rather than feared, or feared rather than loved. It might perhaps be answered that we should wish to be both; but since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved."
Machiavelli

"The purpose of armies is to kill people and break things"
Limbaugh

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4577
With a son who has served 2 tours in Iraq I certainly appreciate the sentiments shared here.

No politics, just how it is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6830
USMC. When it absolutely positively must be blown up overnight.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1751
My brother in law just returned from his second tour in Iraq a few weeks ago. His wife of 5 years and 3 year old daughter are very lucky to have him back in one piece, both physically and mentally.

I pray that you and your family are as fortunate Tawaun.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1567
Thanks,guys having you guys and audio will deffinetly make it easier,hey you know the ole sane "good things come to those who wait" thats the way me and her are looking at it this time around its never easier,but it helps that we've been thru this before.She is really my hero,everyone over there is,I really appreciate what they do,even though I dont agree with them being over there,thanks to your son Art,I know it was really tough on you and your family,but hey lets be positive Eddie is a fresh baby right now lets get him back on the audio horse,sorry Eddie but im glad you got rid of the Ascends,but now its time for you to get something else,evolution things move along.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4642
TW,

if you'd like to set up a Let's-Buy-Eddie-Some-Nice-Audio-Gear-For-A-Change Trust Fund, please be my guest...hell I'll even name my firstborn son after ya!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1576
I'll keep that in mind Eddie.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 137
Hi Eddie, I hope you are well. I didn't realize you got fully divorced, I thought it was a separation. Give me a call sometime or just email my regular email address.

Should you come back to Houston to visit family etc, lets get together.

M

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1071
Ed,

Welcome home, I've been away too much, myself, although I haven't lost the wife, job or possessions like you. I actually added 340s to my fronts and the surround sound would be okay if the installer hadn't blown the center channel on my amp at installation, but that's another story.

TW, I will keep your wife, you and your lovely little daughter in my prayers. Tell her to be safe and keep her head down.

Art, I'm with you, there are worst things than having to live with the zero traffic, zero crush of L.A., San Francisco or just about any place else in CA. Sorry, T-Man - been there, done that and don't want the new t-shirt.

As for the rest of the discussion, JV is incredibly knowledgeable, makes ya think, makes ya justify your opinions and will occasionally concede when he makes a mistake, even if it doesn't happen very often.

So, beyond that, "can't we all just get along."

I'll check in periodically but geez I haven't been this busy over an extended time since I started practicing 26 years ago. SOMEONE HELP, I need a vacation. LOL Dave.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6986
Hey Dave, you be runnin' ragged, man.
Slow down. Smell the flowers.
Listen to the Sansui.

Good to see you again.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1787
I thought it was a Fisher.

Good to see you Dave. Hopefully you'll be in more often.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 138
Dakulis-- get a locums.

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1072
Hey guys,

Marc, no locums in the law I'm afraid.

But, Stu, you are correct, the Fisher is my 2 channel baby and the installer gets no where near it.

I had the new house pre-wired for 7.1, I thought. They had to come back out and he's wiring with the amp on and creates an arc when he's wiring the center and kablooey, no center. I think he just blew the fuse or breaker but on my amp that requires a trip to the repair shop and I just haven't had the time.

As for flowers, Nuck. Thursday I leave for 12 days in Maui, flowers, wife, daughter, all should be good - UNTIL I GET BACK - OUCH

Ed, continue to do some contemplating of the navel for me, it's good for the soul i hear. LOL

I'll check in more often, even if I don't have much in the way of knowledge to add. But, I am finding a few fun CDs to listen to and my 6.1 (or whatever you call 7.1 without a center still sounds pretty good by moving the voice to my two fronts and letting the 340s image in stereo) but then that's on movies so we're not exactly talking rocket science here.

Cya and be good guys. Dave
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us