What is a good amp to power a 15" Kicker L7 in the home?

Anonymous
I've been searching far and wide for a good amp to power the subwoofer I took out of my car after crashing it... (Kicker 15" L7 2ohm DVC wired in series to 4 ohms, self built to Kicker spec 4.3cuf vented box 3/4" MDF) I usually do Ebay shopping and found nothing but low power tube amps which cost way too much for just bass, and cheap amps which don't even put out 100 RMS...

I did however find a NHT A1 and S-A3 for sale, which will do ~300 RMS watts... I want to find something within the $200 range (ebay pricing) and at least 300 RMS because the Kicker 15" L7 I got ran through a 700 watt soundstream amp when it was in the car... 300 is already not doing it justice...

I've already tried to do a car amp in the house but the problem is to deliver the current the amp requires... 4 ohms, and 700 RMS watts... My car amp will shut the lights off and totally jump the circut breaker each time the bass hits...

Any recommendations would be appreciated thanks...

A sony xplod 1000 watt amp, 2 channel and bridge it, not the nicest amps, but indesructeable, have had mine powering a s15l7 for 2 years now, does just fine and I hit a 144DB with a vented 6 cubic foot box.

Michael T Jorgensen
I think a great pick would be either the kicker 600.1 or 1200.1 or the jbl powervalve 600.1 or 1200.1 the kicker 1200.1 is a little to expensive but the rest are good and also look for some rockford fosgate amps like the 501s or 601s

Derek
You are in the wrong part of this forum. You should be in Car Audio.

I have an Acoustic Research 500 watt rms bob carver sunfire amp im trying to get rid off for home use. This will make that sub hit Hard! It runs off of 240 volt outlets though, so all you need is a heavy duty voltage step up rated at 1000-1500 watts, which will set you off about 80-90 bucks. the step up changes your wall voltage(120 volts) to allow the power to create some insane peaks in power for your sub. Mounts into a retangular cut out in your box to give you that professional look, has all rca's and hook ups on that panel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us