Nad biamping question

Bronze Member
Username: Davidhue

Post Number: 12
hi, any expert opinion would be appreciated.i have recently purchased the nad c372 int.amp and would like to biamp in the near future.would i be better off purchasing the nad c272 power amp, or as i have read about in some forums ,go for the c162 pre.amp and use the c372 as a power amp?
cheers.

Bronze Member
Username: Dmitchell

Post Number: 30
I'm soon (hopefully) purchasing the NAD C272. The guys at the high-end audio shop where I buy my stuff do say that bi-amping is the recommend configuration for this amp.

Username: Pkmaven

Boynton Beach, FL United States

Post Number: 3
Many guys want to improve their sound and think of buying better speakers or a new amplifier. Never change anything in your system unless you can hear a difference. Bi-amping is the first major step in improving any system. A crossover, either independant and active or one integrated into the sub amplifier will work. Most speakers are unable to reproduce the deepest bass found on all newer cds, but a subwoofer 10" or larger, will make a very audible improvement. Put it between your speakers. Make sure your tweeters are at your ear level. Rock on!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
hi,thanks for replies.i do have a subwoofer :mj acoustics ref 100.my speakers are acoustic energy aelites.i would appreciate comments directed more at my original query though.
thanks.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1315
The NAD C272 is configured for bi-wiring. For bi-amping one would need two amps.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6619
I cannot imagine a dealer finding a 272 amp designed for bi-amping, either, MR.
And for a dealer to suggest the unit is made for bi-wiring is isleading.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
"For bi-amping one would need two amps"
yes m.r. i intend getting another amp.that is what my original post details.i have the c 372,i would like advice/opinion on what other nad amp would be best for biamping with it.
regards.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1316
Another of the same I think would be preferable David, though perhaps someone else may know better..

Nuck this: "And for a dealer to suggest the unit is made for bi-wiring is isleading." I think you meant bi-amping. The C272 is designed for a bi-wiring alternative.

And no dealer should islead anyone (grin).

Bronze Member
Username: Dmitchell

Post Number: 34
Yes, I think what I meant to say was "bi-wiring". Sorry for the confusion.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6627
Sorry, working with 2 (d)Davids here, a tad confused.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us