Hey! Ya wanna know ...

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10131

If you ever wondered why your receiver sounds crumby, "Now, after roughly a week of playing (I lost about 8 hours due to some severe storms/much needed rain) I think that the AC receptacle has fully cooked in. I love the organic nature of everything I listen to, to the smallest jazz combo to the largest symphonic piece. Detail, warmth, space, transparency ...all of these things are improved . . . I have to say that the Oyaide AC receptacle was the best $85 I ever spent on my system."

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue30/oyaide.htm

Silver Member
Username: Uback007

Columbus , Ohio USA

Post Number: 205
I think that you need to get outside for some fresh air! No I'm just kidding. Thats awesome. I know what you mean. It's hard to fathom just how much improvement you can get when upgrading the power source. The upgraded power cord that I put on my amp made a world of difference.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10136

I'm wondering if maybe my outlets just haven't burned in long enough.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2216
I thought our power here was pretty good

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6609
Here, where? Taterback, Idaho?

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2217
Wait a min

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2218
Testing

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2219
Jan my dad's in Dallas RIGHT NOW

Bronze Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 96
Shocking.
(remember ZAP comics?)

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 549
"rolls eyes"

Jan, did you see the positive feedback test of the clever little clock?

I have a very hard time taking them seriously anymore.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4457
Hey...I'm from Taterback, Idaho ya hoser....

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10138

I don'know. I can go along with hearing a lot of things and even thinking you're hearing a lot of things, but burning in an AC outlet is beyond me. How do you know when it's burned in? When you just stop hearing stuff? How do you burn it in? Is it better to burn it in slow with something like a CD player or a nightlight or really suck some juice and plug in a couple of toasters? Or a window air conditioner? What if you burned it in wrong?! This is like dots on the wall makin' stuff sound better. Sooner or later you just have to stop this crap, realize you're an idiot and go listen to some music on a Bose WaveRadio. Speaking of which, I bought a pocket AM/FM/TV radio the other day, and, if it didn't have just one speaker, I'd swear after it gets burned in it'll have better separation than my McIntosh MR71 tuner.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10140

I've read a few online reviews today. Does it seem like "slightly" is a favorite word for online reviews? This amp is "slightly" better than that amp and this so and so is "slightly" better than that whatsit. The backgrounds seemed "slightly" blacker when I switched to the gear the manufacturer loaned me for free and came over to my house to set up. It just always seems like the slightly improved thingy would be another three grand more out of my pocket. That's slightly more than I can afford.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

CA USA

Post Number: 458
I note the post date and take that with more credence than the actual review.

OTOH, if those guys are actually serious, I'll bet I can convince them to jump off a bridge because it will make their system sound slightly better. No improvement? Well, duh, you haven't jumped enough times!

I suspect the "slightly" equates to whoever included "slightly" more payola with the samples...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us