ATACAMA EQUINOX HIFI

Bronze Member
Username: Carlos_m

Post Number: 60
Hi there folks,

I`m looking for a new rack. Presently I have my hifi system on a ordinary rack made of wood but I`d like to improve its settlement, I already own stand speakers from this brand (Atacama) and I like it.
Atacama Equinox Hifi have some good reviews but does it worth the money it costs?

Does anyone here use this rack?
Is it a good thing?

I`d like to have your opinion in this matter.

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Some pictures and information about Atacama equinox Hifi.

http://www.atacama-audio.co.uk/equinox.htm

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/brands.category.cfm/id/6/category/273

Regards

Carlos

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2009
Carlos,

the good thing about the Equinox rack is that it is modular, allowing you to add extra shelves when you need to. The bad thing about it is that it's made of steel and glass - rings like a bell. You're better off with a wood rack in my experience. most steel/glass racks seem to ring more than they should. There was one manufacturer called Mana Acoustics who closed doors last year who made steel/glass racks of uncommon refinement, but that was the exception rather than the rule. Most modern racks that I've had good results with have been veneered MDF with either wooden uprights or aluminium tubing. Quadraspire is a good entry level brand. It's a modular system which allows you to change heights if necessary just by buying the solid aluminium uprights. Check out their website which also allows you to build your own rack. A more expensive but absolutely excellent rack is the isoblue. Pure wood and MDF, this rack is designed to wobble slightly and has excellent musical abilities. They also have a website but it's not as extensive since they don't make so many things as Quadraspire. Sonically, the isoblue is much better than the Quadraspire.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Hi Frank,

Thank you for your post.

I`ve seen that racks you mention but they are a bit expensive.
Probably I`ll make a rack in wood too.
Ten years ago I made stand speakers to my first sound system and it worked very well.
I like to do some DIY.

Regards Frank

Carlos
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us