The Battle between JBL v/s Bose?

Bronze Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 13
In Asia, for events,occasion,parties commercial use basically which i have personally seen and heard from a lot of people that jbl spks are used more for commercial purposes at around 75% alone in the middle east and bose used for domestic use...
People back in asia like the sound of jbl and say that its more durable.. unlike the case in the states,uk and european countries where they are not to fond of either..
Does jbl make better sounding spks than bose or vice versa.. or is it just a fallacy.. whats ur opinion guys.. let me know...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13507
For commercial purposes? That has more to do with availability of product and who can give you the better price for the kind of performance you want. Sometimes it is just a matter of budget and who they know.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1416
I like the sound of my JBL's for HT use, not too fond of how they perform for music. I am not as picky with the HT side of things, just want to be blown away with power for that. With music though, they are way to muddy and bright to even be considered for a musically weighted system. That is my 2 cents.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 443
Isn't it more that JBL does have an extensive professional/venue-based line of speakers while Blows is just for consumers that don't know any better?

I don't particularly care for either of them. BUt, if that were my choice, I'd pick JBL over Bose every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 443
Chris,

Bose makes excellent pro speakers. The Carrier Dome in Syracuse NY has huge Bose arrays hanging from the ceiling, and even in the highly reverberant setting, the announcements are always easy to understand. I have seen many football and basketball games there, and have sat in many different sections. Never have I missed a play.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

CA USA

Post Number: 446
Learn something every day. So, I take it that division has a bit of a better reputation than the consumer?

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 440
If nothing else, they at least post some specs of their professional products.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2023
I tend to learn toward JBL since I really like the sound of my Studio 4311 Control Monitors. I think JBL is great for the studio, but Bose is good where sound needs to be controlled more.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1548
Well,I guess the selection commitee saw that on Syracuse's resame,and left them out of the tournament,maybe they should get rid of the Bose.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us