To AMP or not to AMP

Username: A1voyager1

Post Number: 1
I am setting up a Home Theater System im my living room. The size of the room is 18 x 15 with 8 foot ceilings. I currently have a Pioneer Elite VSX-52TX, Bose Acoustimass 7(sub with 5 satelites) and a Polaroid DRM-2001G Player/Recorder. I am not happy with the way the rear surround channels sound and the base I get from the system. I am thinking of getting a amplifier to connect to my receiver to help drive the surround speaker and subwoofer. Since I am new to all this, any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thank You

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10038

It ain't the receiver that's at fault.

Post Number: 2
If it is not the receiver, any sugestions on how I can correct this problem

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6435
I have never heard of a Kodak player.
I have heard of(and heard, Bose).

Speakers, man, speakers.

Bose are not held in the highest regard here, unless the 601/701's come up.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10040

You'll have to describe the problem. "I am not happy with the way the rear surround channels sound and the base I get from the system", tells me jack sqaut. The bass is due to the Bose "subwoofer" in all likelyhood. But I really have no clue wht you find wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6440
The problem, Jan, i think, is that the Bose are working as designed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6441
A crying shame, really.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6442
Vinnie, you really REALLY gotta get out and listen to speakers.

Post Number: 3
I have thought about cahnging my spekaers but can not afford to upgrade all at the same time. Do you think I should start at on speaker like the center channel, subwoofer, rear speakers or front to gat the best sound a piece at a time. Does it really make a difference what speakers are used for the rear since some people say you don't get much from back there.

Silver Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 145
I surmise that you are not getting enough volume out of the rear speakers. I would first increase the 'level' of the rear speakers in the receiver settings. Your receiver probably has more than sufficient power to drive the small Bose speakers. Bass may be altered by placement of the subwoofer. If that doesn't help, you might have to acquire a powered subwoofer. To upgrade, I would first get a pair of good front speakers.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10043

Vinnie!!! You goomba! Tell us what's wrong!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us