NAD 325BEE as NAD C272 preamp

Username: Herold

Post Number: 1
Hi,
Anyone with experience using NAD C325BEE as a preamp for NAD C272 power-amp ?

Any differences (quality, performance) between NAD C160 preamp and C325BEE used as a preamp ?

Regards

Herold

Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 7
C 160 is better .

Username: Markdavid

Post Number: 8
NAD C 160 is better

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

Post Number: 206
Hi Herold, currently I'm using NAD C352 as preamp to C272, though I had good results, I am also wondering whether the preamp in C352 is comparable to C162 which is the preamp match of the C272.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/353628.html

I might be able to check this out with my dealer, I'll let you know soon...

I am also pondering on the idea of using tube-preamp such as ARC LS3 and the like...

regards-arnold

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 370
Most NAD pre-amps sound the same, by that I mean upgrading to the C162 won't offer you much of an improvement. The S100 would be an improvement.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
Hi SunKing, how about tubed-preamp with C272? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 190
Ever consider a passive pre amp ? I use one with the C272 and like it. http://www.ftaudio.com/

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 371
Tube pre-amps are great but like anything in hifi it all depends on the system it is going into. If you have the right speakers and amp, a tube pre is great. Get the formula wrong and you can have a warm, syruppy system. So always try to listen in your own system before you buy!

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
I am considering EAR 834L, I listened to it yesterday with NAD C270+ATC SCM 11 and it was really good to my ears, the tubes are the original ones, i've read that using better tubes brings out the best on this preamp...

Another option would be the audible illusion modulus 3 preamp though i have not heard this...

And last is ARC SP9 MKII, there is a pre-owned one, but the same, have not heard this one...

Which of the three would be my best bet with NAD C272? Any ideas please...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us