Denon 2106 no sound

Username: Toad64

Post Number: 1
I am having trouble with my Denon 2106 and was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions on what the problem is. I bought the unit B stock and everything was fine till the 90 day warranty ran out. The problem is intermitant, sometimes the unit will turn on and other times when it powers up I get no sound. It is not the muting, the protection circuits do not activate, all the lights come on but no sound. If I leave it on in this condition it warms to operating temperature, not hotter than usual. Anyone have any ideas on what it might be or have had the same trouble? I looked at everything in the back, unhooked it all, hooked it back up and nothing. However it did come on for a bit. It all started when one day the air conditioner got turned off in the summertime. I got home and the house was a sonna. Since then it has gotten gradually worse. This weekend i got home and the house was cold so I tryed it and it came on. I watched a movie turned it off then on and nothing. Is there some sort of a thermal something or a relay that could be bad. Thank You.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9987

There aren't many relays used in modern receivers due to the low reliability over time exhibited by most such contacts. Almost all the functions that had been controlled by relays are now controlled by chips with their own tiny little switches built in. The only suggestion at this point is to unhook everything other than the FM antenna from the receiver including the speakers and try to replicate the problem. If the unit still fails to operate through headphones, you'll have to let a tech service the unit. If you get sound from the headphones, connect one item at a time and continue attempting to duplicate the problem.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us