Low Impedence

Bronze Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 44
Are there any receivers marketed today that are comfortable with low impedence loads.....5ohm or so? Either Stereo or prefer a HT unit....Will, for example the Denons take it?
Sorry, Jan, I know and agree with you about speaker guys and amp guys not talking and AGREE 100%, But I'm 'stuck' with these old Maggies and can't give 'em up! The only thing I've heard that sounds (to me, anyway) as good, are some new Maggies, and I simply can't cough up that much loot, and new electronics, too.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6259
Receivers with guts are: Rotel, Nad, Outlaw, Pioneer Elite.
Add/delete here guys, I am out of the receiver scene.
Denon for video.

Bronze Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 45
VERY limited space. No room for additional pieces, so it may pay to combine some functions.
Unless somebody else chimes in, I guess that's the short list. All are familiar names, except Outlaw which I've heard little about. reading ahead.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9964

http://www.stereophile.com/digitalsourcereviews/1104fifth/index1.html

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1868
Nuck, you're just making me want a Pioneer Elite more and more.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 430
Do NOT drive maggies with a Pioneer Elite. While it is a good receiver, I would reccomend something more along the lines of Rotel, Outlaw, B&K, Adcom, or NAD. There are receivers (like the outlaw) that are certified to drive a 4 ohm load, and will do it with ease.

Onkyo also has a stereo receiver certified to drive 4 ohm speakers, but I would recommend going the other route first. The Maggies will bring out all the warts of the Onkyo.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 438
"Denon for video"

I find my H/K is great for video I can not see any lost, I'm using component and its going to an LCD tv (Samsung)

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6391
Hey Kyle. I ain't switched vid for a while, good to know the HK is good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us