Comments on speakers

Username: Mrbear

Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 2
I would like anyones comments on the quality of KLH model 630 speakers 5 to 200 watts.
Also any comments on the quality of Wharfedale Mach 3 speakers 20 to 100 watts.I am thinking of buying one of them for my Music and Home Theatre.
Any suggestions would be great,as I am buying but am unable to compare sound quality as I live very far from my friend selling them. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1856
Now, obviously you're on a budget, right? I own KLH speaks and would probably vouch for Wharfedale. I wouldn't know what to suggest, that's for the more experienced on here.

Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 4
Yeah,Your right I am on a budget,well thanks for your input.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 421
how much of a budget?

Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 5
the thing is Gavin it's through a friend and he offered me my choice.he is upgrading his system and offered either pair for $70.00.but he has to ship them to me and that is why I can't just listen and choose what I think is the best one.and he is non-comittal about what he would suggest.I have first dibs and the speakers I don't take go to his sister who he says has a tin ear and would not know a good sounding speaker if it fell on her head

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9966

Have him send you the pair he doesn't want his sister to have.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 424
I have always thought Wharfedale to be higher quality than KLH as of late. The last decent speakers KLH produced were the "reference" series from the late 90's to 2002. Those were made well, and had quality drivers.

I am not too familiar with the Wharfedale Mach 3... I may have heard of them, but it is escaping me at the minute.

Silver Member
Username: Uback007

Post Number: 154
I would save your money and wait. Then look at Athena Technologies stuff. Browse www.audioadvisor.com for some ideas.
I would personally stay away from KLH
Wharfedale is another story altogether their 8 series is some pretty good bang for the buck. Audio Advisor has their stuff too.

Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Post Number: 7
Thanks Jan, Good idea

Username: Shane24

Post Number: 8
wharfedale claims to be the best brit spk.. i personally heard them on several occasions.. but far from good..... b&w are really awesome spks..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us