How many speakers can I add?

Username: Tofer

New York, NY United States

Post Number: 1
Very basic question. My girlfriend has a Sony "Executive Stereo" ;) with tape,CD, etc.

There are two black(neg) and two red (pos) "slots" for the speaker wire. This is fine for the two speakers included. She has a second set of bookshelf size speakers that she likes because the screens are faux book spines. Can I attach them with the current speakers by running the wires in as well?

i.e., two wires per "slot"?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13739
You can but, don't.

Just use the speakers she likes. You gain nothing by connecting another set of speakers in the same output. You risk overdriving the unit.

Username: Jmz

England

Post Number: 2
I've got an ancient Pioneer stacker system, and I have two sets of huge speakers, 2 Jamo and 2 Kenwood, as it only has a left and right output I've put one of each speaker on both channels, a speaker in each corner of the room flat on it's back(cone facing up)respecting left and right and it sounds superb. I've never felt the need to replace the setup as it is loud and clear with great bass.

Left - Jamo & Kenwood
Right - Jamo & Kenwood

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 454
Greetings James,

There are impedance issues to deal with when attempting to hook more than one speaker to an amplifier output. You will find impedance ratings on the labels and the math (and further explanation) can be found here:

http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm

Username: Ggid

San Marcos, CA USA

Post Number: 1
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/discus.pl#POST1631521

Thank You Jim Bay for the information in your post, it was very helpful to me.

Glenda

Username: Peterhills2233

New YorkUSA

Post Number: 5
thanks for info
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums