Newbie need speaker help

Username: Bgitter

West milford, Nj Usa

Post Number: 1
I am setting up family room system, want to go with speakers for both video/audio type setup. I am considering a Pioneer vsx-84txsi receiver, and want to match up speakers that would fit well. I saw a few write-ups on the paradigm 330's with ultracube.Saw some nice Kef setups too but had some doubts about the tweeter location. Maybe these are too light for this newsgroup? room is 25'x20' 7' ceiling. I was thinking about $1500 for receiver and about $2000-2500 for speakers-will need 2 fronts, 2 surr/at least two rears because of the shape of room, and a good(relative) sub. I already have the sony in a box thing, and am looking to upgrade from that, although I cant afford the Macs and the Meridians. I just realized I can upload an image. I cant use wall speakers on the outside walls, which hopefully are clear, unless they are in wall, with some kind of soundproofing/anti-vibration system around them. Please notice the square oin the middle is a center post, just under 12" square. I greatly appreciate all of your help and suggestions. thanks
bg Upload

Username: Fastnbulbous

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 2
With that budget you can blow away even that Paradigm setup. Think Axiom, Monitor Audio, Onix, Rega, Mordaunt-Short or Wharfedale. For $1,500 you could go with a NAD or even Rotel. How much will you use it for music?

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 422
I disagree that Axiom are better than Paradigm.

Take suggestions on what speakers you should buy with a grain of salt, because they are usually personal preference.

Bronze Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 52
I too, prefer the Paradigm's that I bought over the Axiom I auditioned.

Username: Fastnbulbous

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 4
I was referring specifically to the model mentioned, Paradigm Cinema 330. You can get much better speakers for $2,000 to $2,500. I'd take a spoonful of salt with advice that simply defends the Paradigm brand as a whole. You can also get better Paradigm models in that range. But personally I haven't been as impressed by them in auditions compared with the others I mentioned.

It's all about preference. So at least give yourself a decent range to audition.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us