Help Needed - Dynaudio Focus 140/110

Bronze Member
Username: Sukhoi30

New Zealand

Post Number: 83
Hi Everyone,

Long story short - please suggest a amp.

I have finally decided to get some dyns - either Focus 110 or Focus 140 or plain Dyn 52.

They will posted to serve in my bedroom which is not huge - probably 13 ft by 14 ft or little more.
I shall be travvelling either via Singapore or Hongkong in the near future and have already received some good quotes from Singapore.
I plan to carry it with me and hence cannot carry more than 30 Kgs so the amp cannot be more than 12Kgs approx.
However i need to upgrade my amp as well to make the dyns happy.

What do you guys out there think of the following choices considering i went for the most difficult load of the lot - the Focus 140

Cyrus 8vs
Nait5i
Roksan L III - the new version
Roksan Caspian
or any other models you would like to suggest.

Budget for European models - Around 800-900 GBP.
Listning levels - medium, to low moslty classic rock and vocals.

Will have just a few few hours to buy hence no auditioning :-(.

I hope that, with the level of knowledge members share on this forum i might make a educated decision.

Many Thanks in advance

Regards
Saurabh

Bronze Member

New Zealand

Post Number: 84
Please help.............

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Post Number: 137
Hi saurabh, I have no answer to your question but maybe you can try to read this while waiting for some responses.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/175900.html

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Post Number: 138
You might also want to look into the Plinius 9200...I've read some dynaudio owners are using this...The delaer in Singapore below:

Singapore
PLINIUS AUDIO
No.1 Coleman Street # B1-03
The Adelphi
Singapore 179803
Tel 65 6338 0336
Fax 65 6337 8969
Email info@toycraft.com.sg

Check this:

http://www.pliniusaudio.com/products/9200.asp

BUT, this maybe well above your budget, the MSRP is $3495

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4246
The Plinius has plenty of oomph but appears to be above your stated budget. Of the models you listed the Roksan appears to have the current to drive the Dyns, whether that's a good sounding combo I don't know. Good luck.

Bronze Member

New Zealand

Post Number: 85
many Thanks Arnold and Art

Yes Plinius are very nice amps and infact from NewZealand, i could practically go to a dealer in 5 mins - but are above my budget :-( .

I was inclined for Cyrus as its very compact and hence easy to place in my bedroom.

Nait 5i - as Frank has recommnded them very highly with Dyn 110 and obviously he knows them very well.

And Roksan as i have been offered Amp CD combo for Singapore 2200 $ and seems to have the current as per specs (as pointed out by Art).

Has any one heard the new Roksan?

Will cyrus 8vs drive the 140/110?

Has anyone tried nait 5i with he 140s as the naim dealer from singapore says "nait is very
capable. it's 50 naim watts. It wouldnt fall short".

Please advise..... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4249
The Naim would be my favorite but I'm not sure about it with the 140's. If Frank says it works well with the 110's then I would believe it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us