Help! Question About Denon AVR-2801

Username: Scott1sh9

Post Number: 1
Help! My Denon AVR-2801 is hooked up to 5 TOA F-160 speakers and a Klipsch sub. When I turn the input dial to my mp3 player and play music it is fine if the music is very low. When I turn up the music, sometimes it depends on how loud depending on the song and what not, but the receiver will just shut down entirely and the red light will blink. Sometimes its just a matter of the song changing to a louder song at the same volume setting and it will just turn off. Anyone have any advice?
Please help I greatly appreciate it!!

-Scott

Bronze Member
Username: Shawnharman

Post Number: 64
its probably just your receiver going into protect mode, your pushing it to hard.

Username: Scott1sh9

Post Number: 2
I dont know why it would turn off when the volume is so low though, i will turn my ipod on just say any random song to the lowest possible volume and turn my reciever to 0 and the sound level is still at a level where you can easily hold a conversation over it without even having to raise your voice. If i try the opposite and turn my ipod all the way up and then turn the reciever to -15 the same thing occurs, the level is very soft and if i try to get it any louder it just shuts off completely, if it is going into protection mode is there anything i can do about it? i cant imagine anyone spending 600 $ on a reciever that would not allow me to turn my music up any louder than i could on a clock radio.. (when i stress loud, i dont mean i am cranking the music to the point where i cant hear, just to a somewhat medium comfortable level and it still has trouble handling that)

(I used to play music out of this reciever much louder than it currently goes with the exact same set up and never had a problem, now it can barely be turned up at all) Thanks for all of your help!...

any other suggestions?

thanks..
-scott

Username: Sound3

Post Number: 2
What seemed to be a simple task, has me scrathing my head. Trying to connect iPod to a Denon AVR-2801 surround receiver. I have the iPod docking station with the rca cables. Just need to know which audio in to connect to. Below are my potential options:

DVD (however already have dvd connected to that port)
TV/DBS
VCR-1
VCR-2/V-AUX
VDP
CD
Phono
CDR/TAPE

I have tried them all without any luck. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us