$500ish integrated amp that can handle two sets of speakers and a sub?

Username: Bebopdeluxe

Post Number: 3
Hey there...I am putting together a system for my vacation home...it will only play CD's...for family/convienence sake, I am going with a carosel (a Tube Research Labs-modified Sony SCD-CE595), and - because this system will be in a big family room/kitchen/great room-type space - I am using two pairs of Mirage Omnisats (I like the omni feel in a room with no single dedicated "listening spot"...I have Ohm Walsh's in my home rig) with a Mirage sub.

So...what I need is a integrated amp or receiver that has A/B speakers and a dedicated sub out...on the receiver side, I have identified two possible options (the NAD C720BEE and the Outlaw RR2150 - both in the $500-600 price range), but these also have things that I don't really need (like tuners and phono stages)...all that I REALLY need is a good integrated amp.

I checked the NAD line, and saw no integrateds that have that kind of setup. Are their any other integrated amp options out there (in the, say, $500-600 price range) that can accomodate two sets of speakers and have a dedicated sub out?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 272
I can't tell if your CD player has a volume control, as if it does you can run your CD player directly into the amp. Sonic T-Amps play well with Mirage Omnistats. You would have to route through your sub then to your speakers. Parts Express is an online store that carries the Sonic T (or a Super version of it as well). A good AC adapter is a must as is a mini plug adapter. I suggest you seriously check into this, it is not like when you used to be able to buy a transistor radio to put in the garage, the T-Amp really works quite well.

Username: Ravbains

Post Number: 1
Hi Bill, (also Michael -good to read you),

I believe the Rotel RA-1062 can support 2 pairs of speakers, and with some haggling you should be able to get it at your price range.

On the front panel of the amp, there is a speaker selection switch marked, A, B, A+B. And on the back of the amp there are two pairs of speaker terminals labelled A and B.

You may need to be careful if both pairs of speakers are very low impedance, since this may overload the amp. But if the speakers are both 8 ohm nominal then I guess you'd be fine. Best to discuss with the Rotel dealer prior to purchase.

Hope this helps some
Cheers
Rav

Username: Ravbains

Post Number: 2
Oh and I forgot to say, that the RA-1062 has RCA pre-out sockets that could be used to drive an active sub-woofer.

cheers
Rav

Bronze Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 52
check out the Cambridge Audio 640A or the 540A, preferably the 640 much nicer sounding by all accounts and both of these have pre-outs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us