Questions about Super T vs. T-Amp, and speakers

Username: Raduga

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I'm a total newbie when it comes to hi-fi audio. I'm also on a budget, and I seem to have found the perfect amp for music listening in my tiny bedroom: the T-Amp. I saw some very long discussion threads about this amp, but I haven't seen much about the newer Super-T. Maybe I just missed it. Anyway, how does this compare to the original T in sound quality? Pretty much "the same or better", right?

Also... I need some speakers for this amp. I was pretty psyched about the Paradigm Atom Monitor v.5, but these recommend 15W of power. So they wouldn't work well with the T-Amp?

Any other *small* (8Wx11D max) speaker recommendations for under $300 that would match well with the T-Amp? Again, this is for music at close range.

thanks (:

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 417
hahaha

Dont worry about the power rating

Look for HIGH sensitivity speakers

KLipsch,Paradigm

Allso if it were me i'd get the super T

cause of wal adapter and all that other junk plus binding post

i couldnt really find anything on those speakers but my guess is that it shoudl work fine

Post Number: 2
After further investigation, I see that the Atoms are rated at "in-room sensitivity of 90dB (87dB anechoic), and recommends amplifiers with outputs of 15-80Wpc".

So is that considered the correct sensitivity for this amp?

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 418
Ahh shouldnt be bad

I dont know too much about this amp , you should ask Jan she has one

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5994
raduga, punch "T-amp" into a search engine and have a good deal of time to spare.
More sensitivity=more volume.
How good is up to you.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9839

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/193312.html

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9840

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/reviews/209464.html

Bronze Member
Username: Anubis

Birmingham, West Midlands England

Post Number: 71
The T-Amp has fascinated me ever since I first saw it mentioned in here. I've always suspected this amp would be built into a sturdier, more attractive package and sent out at the price of real hi-fi. It's cheap, so I guess many people will overlook it. I've yet to actually hear one. I once rang around hi-fi dealers in my own town and they had never heard of it.

V

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the suggestions, all.

After more online research, I went ahead and purchased my first amp and some new speakers last night. I selected the Trends Audio TA-10.1 amp, based on the same family of IC chips as the original T-Amp. The various reviews for this amp are glowing, and I really liked the small size and aluminum case. The $99 price helped a lot too :-)

For speakers, I found a pair of Athena Technologies Audition AS-B1 on special for $150, so I jumped on it. They've got an advertised sensitivity of 91dB, so it seems like a good match for the T-amp and my small listening space. At about 9x7x14" they're a bit bigger than I wanted, but I guess I'll grow into them, and maybe eventually use them as fronts in a theater setup.

Can't wait to hear 'em...

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9857

I'm sorry, did I miss where the reviewer actually reviewed the amplifier?

Good luck, raduga, get a good source and you should have great success with your system.

http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/index.html

Pay attention to speaker set up.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/waspe.html

Username: Thomasj3577

Post Number: 2
There is a review of the Super T amp at Stereomojo.com. They also did a shootout of 14 other T and D class amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us