Amplifier for a DM602 S3

Username: Jotap_66

Post Number: 1
Hello:

I want to buy a B&W DM602 S3. Then I want to buy an amplifier...I have these models to buy but I dont know what to choose

NAD C325BEE
Harman Kardon HK-970

A third model was NAD C352...but some of you talks very well about C325BEE

Thanks

JP

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4096
Either of the NAD's will sound good with the B&W speakers. You may want to try the 325BEE to see if it has enough power and if not the 352 is a good choice.

Post Number: 2
Thnak you for your answer Art..You are right....Do you think that the 325 will be enough for the b&w...This is my main doubt

JP

Bronze Member
Username: Jingka99

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Post Number: 96
the 602 S3 is rated at 25W to 120W, it may be worth considering the C352 as it has more power than the other 2 you've mentioned...

Jesus, if you have the chance, try to look into Rotel as well, I've read that B&W pair with Rotel well...

goodluck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
But the 602 S3 is not a difficult load, the C325BEE might suffice...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
The C325BEE has an MP input for easy connection of iPOD, MP3 players, media players...

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4098
A lot depends on your listening habits Jesus. If you don't listen real loud or listen to demanding music the 325BEE should be just fine. As Arnold points out it does have a nice feature package.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Jesus, the best is still to go out and listen, If you can find a dealer which carries B&W and the amps you're interested in, it would be the best way to figure out which one to choose...bring your fav record along...

Post Number: 3
Thank you very much to Art and Arnold...I localized a dealer in my city, Valencia (Spain), that is official dealer for B&W, NAD, and also Rotel...

The question is that Rotel in Spain is more expensive than NAD...and Rotel RA-05 is only 40W...Perhaps Rotel RA-06?.....

Thank you very much

Jesus

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4100
I think that Rotel and B&W have better synergy than NAD and B&W, your mileage may vary. Go give a good listen, and as Arnold pointed out take some music with you (favorites or familiars).

Post Number: 4
OK, thank you very much Art

JP

Post Number: 5
By the way, why are the best synergy speakers for NAD C325BEE? I ask this because the quality/cost of this amplifier...

JP

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4103
NAD is very neutral sounding and works very well with a variety of speakers including B&W. You may very well like the sound of the NAD/B&W combo better than Rotel/B&W, some folks do.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1185
I would go for the C352 at least. The 602's while fairly efficient (easy to drive) thrive when the amp driving them has plenty of power. The NAD/602S3 combo, imho, sounds wonderful. The speakers, no matter what some others here may say, won't sound their best until they are run in and that can take a couple of days minimum.

Post Number: 6
Thank you

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4106
"The speakers, no matter what some others here may say, won't sound their best until they are run in and that can take a couple of days minimum."

Indeed MR.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
But most(but not all) speakers in used in the dealers are mostly run-in already...might give him a more or less an idea how it sounds with the associated amp...

As MR mentioned, the C352 would be a good place to start...

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
And Jesus, if you will be looking at the NADs (C352 and the BEE), check the link between the pre and power amp, use a decent IC instead of the supplied link, it has bearing, believe me!

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1187
"The speakers, no matter what some others here may say . . ."

BTW, I meant on the forum, not those who've posted on this thread.

Arnold, you are mostly correct about how dealers have their speakers run in, but there are great discrepencies between dealers, what they believe, and how they have their speakers postioned, size of listening rooms, etc in their shops. Naturally, any home audition is the most advantageous method, but not too many dealers are that accommodating.

Post Number: 7
Well, this is very difficult :-)...

Thank you Arnold and M.R

JP

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
MR I fully agree with you, there's no substitute for home audition....

Post Number: 8
Hello again....

I have so many doubts :-)...

Well, I was told that for 550$ (cost of DM602) I can get better loudspeakers...I heard and liked very much the Focal JM Lab Chorus 807V....They liked ver much...(620$)

What do you think about this?...Ahh! More questions...I need (my wife) needs to stay the loudspeakers not to far from the wall...Then I was told that I need a front bass reflex loudspeaker...

And later...I heard NAD 352 and Rotel RA-06...I liked more the Rotel...The dealer told me that for this cost I could get a Denon PMA-1500 (not heard) yet...

And last...I was told for a friend of mine, to hear the Sonus Faber Concertino Are these loudspeakers better than B&W or JM LAB? I think they are more expensive...

Thank you very much

Jesus

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4257
"Are these loudspeakers better than B&W or JM LAB?"

They are if you listen to them and think they are. Give them a lsiten and tell us.

Why anyone would suggest a Denon anything over a Rotel anything is beyond me...

Bronze Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 47
Being a biased and current Rotel owner who has heard plenty of Denon. Hands down- Rotel

Post Number: 9
Hello:

Well, I tested a Rotel (not a 06, but a 1070) with

JMLABS Chorus 806V
Vienna Accoustics Haydn
PSB Premium...

I did not test the Sonus Faber Concertino, but I was told that the sound is simmilar to Vienna...

I (almost) decided my system:

Rotel and Focal JMLabs Chorus 806V.....

Anyway my question was about if the PMA-1500 was simmilar to RA-06...but your answers suggest me that NO....

Jesus

Post Number: 10
Hello again:

The JMLAB model is 807V

Jesus

Silver Member

Kuala LumpurMalaysia

Post Number: 141
Jesus, by the looks of it, you are still very much undecided as to what you really want, I suggest that you take your time before you plunge in and shell out your hard earned molah...I've been through it believe me! Go back to the dealer and listen again until you found the right combo that suits you best, musically and budget wise....

Try to do some more research on the products you are eyeing....BUT DON'T believe everything you read, bear in mind that you're ears is still the best judge....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
You are totally right Arnold...:-)

Anyway, the combination RA-06 and Focal JMLAB Chorus 807V are winning the match.. :-)

Jesus
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us